Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Newsweek,"No Kill", Ken Lay & Enron... A Pattern ?



The girls are worried about the news....

Winograd has started another attack on the
East Coast. We had spotted the Newsweek story, but missed the Delaware Online piece; thank you to a reader for that update. The parallel with Enron came to mind when I read the diatribe of his "successes" in places long gone from claiming " No Kill" The audacity of these fabrications is almost beyond belief. One can only bring to mind Lay's words as he sold his stocks urging a trusting public to Buy, Buy, Buy !

One writer had an article published a while back ( This Week Magazine / USA Today), I believe her name was Elizabeth White, it was well written and from back East, so maybe he ( NW) is still fighting that one. I have never been able to find the entire article, only his response to it. It gets very depressing to reread his tripe over and over. If any reader has that article I would appreciate a link or a doc. Newsweek is a pretty big outfit to just publish unsubstantiated blather, and I am sure they will get letters about it. Oreo is going to write, and she has lots of park buddies who share her passion. None of the places he mentions are accurate and Brown just raving on about nothing.... where was the background read on that story ? The Nevada Humane Society is so desperate to get the word out and the local blogger is connected with a dog blogger back East so I am sure he is asking for some back up. One of the nicer things about dealing with fanatics is, they are so disorganized, one trick pony is a term I think fits them. Yell and threaten, or as Winograd shouts" Demand". I am working on a post about the arrangement we have here in Washoe and how it is almost a disincentive for NHS to take impound dogs. Of course when the deal was struck we were dealing with sane people...... so far nobody has been able to explain things better than the series on KCAS ( see link) entitled the " Playbook"

More to come.. Stay informed and proactive, if necessary, Bark !

http://www.savemoreanimals.org/
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/opinion/83488.php
http://www.newsweek.com/id/134549/page/1

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080428/NEWS08/804280335

8 comments:

Truckee River Labs said...

When Brown quotes those figures is she counting the last dogs destroyed ? There are not enough homes for every animal, not every home wants an animal. Obviously the people who have a pet don't even want one so where is the punch line to this joke ?

Anonymous said...

I read the blog on the Newsweek story, some illerates and some people who seem to know what is real and what is fantasy. sure is messed up though with repeats. Keep up the good work Oreo & get better, The dogs need you.

Anonymous said...

In trying to participate in the discussion forums for some of your links it appears they don't let you login unless you accept their cookies. Somebody needs to inform these people that they are in deep doo, like mastiff size.

Happy Camper said...

I only checking to see if it is blocking google bloggers, there is no rhyme or reason to this.

Friends Administrator said...

My posts haven't been coming thru either. Let's see about this one.

Anonymous said...

The conversation after the Newsweek article really paints the picture doesn't it. Different sides, telling what they think it the only truth, yelling louder and louder as if that is the way to be heard...mostly I agree with the Wag More Bark less myself, but there is a time coming close when we must stand up and be counted. I hope to do as honestly and as humbly as I can - that doesn't mean I will be silenced or talked down though.

Cole David said...

The Enron analogy fits, Lay knew the ship was going down, but he kept dragging people with him. That is what this guy does; he knows the other shelters are not what he claims and keeps using them for his purposes, but if the people are to STUPID to check!

Happy Camper said...

About the links. all of the newpaper forums now are insisting on a "cookie" or you can't sign in. I don't like tracking devices on my computer so I am not being being able to post, how ever a well written hard copy mailed to the newspaper would be a good use of time. They are clueless about what is heading their way. As I have said before, Oreo runs a cookie free zone here, we welcome all civilized comments and so far that is all we have received. It was good to see dear P_ back so please share your wisdom and a "new to us" poster Doglogic came briefly and I hope to hear more from them... Take care and I am going to get the details of our PSA up here soon, it is not on the web so I am having to scan it in.