Oreo commented that even though kitties are no longer a part of our daily living, we must work for them as well. Our girls Miss Gracie, and Miss Marble Kitty have been gone a long time, 10 years, and I still miss some of the fun things we did together. Gracie lived to be 23 and Marble Kitty was 21, both were pound kitties, they grew up in the same house with the same family and the same vet for over 20 years, so they were blessed and seemed to know it. Adopting a mature friend has several advantages, and the odd surprise. Gracie turned out to be quite pregnant, very far along and the vet took one look and felt she would not survive the birth process. The emergency c-section did not have any viable babies. We felt so sorry for her, we went to the pound and brought home an orphaned kitten. It was a splendid match for both of them, the kitten was newly weaned so it didn't pursue the incision area, but cuddled. We lost Gracie at 23 years old in 1997, and Marble Kitty at 21, three weeks later. We moved to an area with coyotes and hawks, so we didn't get another, but continue to love all things Cat... We don't support the TNR program however, it is cruel and totally out of the nature of cats. It puts them in harms way for many cruel things. we didn't have a Digital camera back then so none of the really great pictures we took show on the computer so we put a friends cat up. He lives in Sacramento, but emails my guys regularly.Take the time to enjoy the animals in your life, and have a truly blessed evening. Oreo is taking the rest of the night off, and I make no sense without her.

2 comments:
How wonderful that you were able to have your friends for such a long time. And we are in agreement on TNR, trap, neuter, and run. I have found it to be the ultimate cruelty for the cats. I love the way they refer to "domestics gone wild" as feral. I doubt very seriously that there are that many truly feral cats out there, it's a tough world. I learned that cats can make you think they are "feral" but it is only because they are terrified of being outside. Don't get me off on this subject! Have you checked out TNRrealitycheck.com?
Your cat knowledge is pretty impressive. Love show through doesn't it ?? I always call the cat in the pic " Dave's Cat" I can never remember his name, pretty thoguh huh ? Looks better without his ear clipped.
Post a Comment