
Sorry we haven't wished you all a Happy Thanksgiving earlier in the day, but the kids stopped by . You do know how that goes, when you can't get them away from the table, everything just stops. We hope this finds you with the love of family, friends and beloved companions foremost in your heart. We offer thanks to all of Oreo's wonderful readers for all these years, and hope this day of gratitude brings your an inner peace to go forth on new journeys. Many of us have had horrendous losses this year, our family certainly did, and yet we each know that to continue forward is part of the honoring the legacy they left behind. Here at Oreo's we lost 7 friends of over 30 years and a beloved family member, without gratitude, life could get bleak.
Pictured is Priss's Auntie and her Thanksgiving brood..

8 comments:
A marvelous day back to you, Miss Priss. I hope you are keeping your Mom company as she cooks this day. We used to talk on the phone & I could hear her chatting with Oreo instead of me. I'm sure she's doing that with you too. Shel is tossing the frisbee for Mate and I am getting a brief break from the kitchen. Hi Burley Dog, we love you do, but you male dudes are useless in the kitchen.
I guess the strange thing in our name is the "and" sign, won't try that again. Also, we love you TO Burley Dog. Obviously I am not strong on multitasking.
Mate's Mom
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our buddies at Priss's place. It's all of our first Thanksgiving without the mighty Oreo running the show, but I am 100% sure Priss will step up nicely. She was raised by a GSD and as such knows her please and thank you's. We are very happy here, Chardonay went to her new home last night, the timing was so the family would be off work for the first week she was in her new home. There will be lots of good smells and a real chance to bond with the family as a whole, I think immersion is the best way if the dog is stable enough for it. She is a lovely red sable, and while they can be skittish, she isn't. Happy turkey Day !!
I deleted my own post up yonder. it was a very pretty Thanksgiving poem and somehow I hit the wrong thing... It was not written by Shirly.......
I hope all of you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving day with people who help make your lives happy.
I am thankful to have found this place while I still have some will to continue working towards positive changes for my shelter and the dogs we rescue. We have been blessed to finally have a new facility that is much easier for visitors to find and in a neighborhood they can't complain is "scary". (And selfishly it's so much closer now to where I live and work.)
To the good Samaritan who mentioned some rescues that might need a leg up this season, thank you so much. All of the links were "out of date" so using the names to you sent I searched and came up with what I could. If you would be so kind as to click on them to comfirm by a NFP that I got it right I would relax a bit. Also how blogs work is pretty cool. You are nameless, so even though you commented through your google account with the charming name it doesn't give me an address to put in the invitation list. If you can send any old email in a NFP that is what I need to send you the invitation when I close it down. the beauty of blogs is I don't access your info. I do run a site meter which tells me which City and State the hit came from, but that is just so I feeluseful :) At this point in time Oreo is read in over 45 states, so we are hitting a good range of animal lovers. Please NFP when you confirm I found the newer links.
Your Paw Pal, Miss Priss
Thanks for putting those up Priss, and the god person who took time to send them in. the labs and I will make a small donation to each. We have many rescues here that I no longer support because they pull animals that will never find a home and thus deprived other animals the chance.
Post a Comment