
It is good to be a seeker;
Then one must become a finder.
Then the finder becomes the Giver,
A gift unto all the world,
For those who seek it.
Jonathon Livingston Seagull
When Oreo first came to me with the idea of an advice column , I thought she was nuts. Then I realized all the wonderful things she has taught me. It didn't seem so silly anymore. The idea of paying back into a society that had been very kind to us, seemed right. We don't mean every day is a holiday, or every meal is a banquet, we simply feel life has has been good to us. One can focus on the atrocities going on, and we have done that a time or two; but without a balance of gratitude for life's generosities we become bitter. Dogs don't do "bitter" and that is a lesson we need to be reminded of. Sometimes one wishes we could sit down with the adversaries to our serenity and talk things over, but often that just can't happen so we must go forth from where we are. That is what Oreo is doing here, letting people hammer things out.
There are people who love animals and are responsible, there are people who love animals that are not. Just because somebody doesn't love an animal the way I think is right, doesn't mean they don't love with all they have. I can't imagine why anyone would have an outside dog, and some folks wouldn't have one in the house. There are places we can meet in the middle and see the good in each other. So we understand that a hoarder might " love the animal" but not be a good steward. Oreo still believes people want to do better.

1 comment:
Mate is with you Oreo. Most Aussies are free thinkers and he is no exception, but he is in agreement on the play nice with your little friends motto you have somewhere else on the blog. I don't know how high that blog jumps when directed by NHS but it doesn seem to be a front for the organization. I read it and then wish I hadn't. It is so removed from what it claims to be. There is nothing on there about dogs and family, which is what the leas suggests. He stopped the pitiful pictures from the one awful rescue. That group seemed a lttle strange to me. I don't think they loved dogs at all, the Lyon county group.
Post a Comment