
What a marvelous surprise, as we took off for our slog, think heat and smoke for one month, a few large drops hit the ground. A little voice said "get the umbrellas" ( that's from Indiana I'm sure) About one block into the walk the downpour hit. Absolutely perfect, the temperatures dropped about 15 degrees and the tooting of horns and thumbs up added to the fun. Burley Dog , as always, led the parade. He was calm and assured, acting as if he walked in the rain everyday; for those new to the blog; we live in the desert ( a very dry desert). Miss Priss was bursting at the seams, half fearful half joyous & prancing like a circus pony. Newfies love water and to have it pouring down and splashing up at the same time was heaven in liquid form !!Even with the umbrellas I think only the tops of our heads stayed dry, the dogs had sheets of water , really pretty damn neat . The look on Priss's face speaks volumes. We took our usual walk and people in cars were concientious about not drowning us from the side, but all was wet and fun. The air seems much cleaner and perhaps this helped some with the fires.
I checked a few other blogs when I got home, always looking for ways to improve, although Oreo remains convinced we are the best for civility and sharing experience and knowledge. After one in particular, I totally agree with her. We don't have to censor jerks; we don't seem to attract them. Negative blogs draw negative people, and that doesn't get things done. I love the way we can agree to disagree with respect. That doesn't mean we are milque toasts over here looking for Mary Poppins to come save us from ourselves, we just aren't mean spirited and I treasure that.
We have a fair number of guests for a small blog, and the topics get lively. The emails from the profile far out weigh the posts, and they are positive, even when sometimes disagreeing with Oreo's position. We strongly feel if you have to crate a dog all the time , you aren't ready for a dog. we got a lot of mail on that, but the exchange was friendly and nobody had to " prove their point. Inspite of protestations to the contrary, the Newspaper blog embaces the BS and feeds on it, and that hurts animals by dividing the people who profess to want to help them.
If you are really helping animals you don't have the time to be hurling insults and accusations. You can barely keep your own head above water, let alone tell someone else how to run their place. Oreo calls them the " harpies" after the magpies that feed on lifes unplesantries.
How much more damage can the innocent animal community tolerate from these undereducated, overly opinionated, downwardly mobile people ? They don't seem capable of putting aside their own agenda for 5 minutes and uniting to help the community as a whole, and that is very sad.... I think we need another walk in the rain to rinse off the mud from that blog...I wish they would join us.

4 comments:
I know which blog you speak of, the one in LA. Can't disagree with this one, he does not want to discuss anything with anyone who disagrees with him. He degrades people when he is guilty of the same. The humane community is it's own worst enemy. But this business does attract a lot of people who have problems with the world and are unable to handle those problems in a normal and acceptable fashion. You can thank this horrid "no kill" movement for making the gap so large that it is doubtful we will ever overcome. Divided we can be controlled and this is what the "no kill" people prey upon. I can just picture your doggies in the rain yesterday. Newfies are a entertaining lot anyway, but when there is water, they are beyond that. P.
Sorry I missed the rain, sounds like a fun time, how long did it take to dry the pooches ? Next rain fall we are going out !
I thought it was the Reno blog that was so negative and picky, now I will have to check out LA spent a few years there as a kid, have never been back. It was pretty strange then. I'm with anonymous, the field does draw some messed up people. Where I work we screen rescues heavily and we get some bizzare groups. One lived in an apartment building, all 6 of them, I bet the landlord would have loved that. they told us the lived on a small farm, yeah, right. Screen these groups and if what I am seeing is a pattern, some blogs promote the animosites for reader clicks.
Reading anonymous they must check, both Reno and LA. Reno is the Jerry Sprenger show. The moderator describes it as a free for all, a truthful view. Character assination is the name of the game over there. I know other readers have asked, but can Oreo get press releases ? That is all I go there for, you open up a post thinking it might be interesting and it disintergrates into an attack . Harpies is a good word Oreo.
I feel mean spirited, but I will keep it to myself. The rain sounds like fun, to bad you came home and read garbage. We just don't go there at all anymore, every piece gets nasty over the long haul. The King County hasn't updated, I enjoy that too. I want to hear about issues and we do that here and the facts match what the commenters are saying. Our new family member " Mate" is doing fine, rowdy but that is a breed trait and growing up with Wolhounds I know stubborn breeds. Has anyone here ( Reno) has a good boarding experience they could share with us? We are going overseas for 3 weeks, and quality is primary, but we also have to try to get a good rate for such a long stay. It's a family loss and we want to be focused and relaxed while there. I will check back for answers. I was thinking Pet Network since Oreo approved them for other things. But Aussies need exercise and a neighbor has offered to drive to the boarding place and take Mate for a walk if they will allow it. I don't think they want to drive to the lake though. Keep me posted.
Post a Comment