I received a nfp from my favorite elf this morning, thanks to the many of you that have taken time to enquire after my health. Had they not been marked "not for publication" I could have put them up and let the world know how loved I am. Smiley face.
I have been reading a great deal and looking for activity that doesn't require exertion. Pounding a keyboard seems to be the limit before the dreaded coughing seizures begin. I am certain by now everyone has read about the "brave baggage handler" up in Reno who saved the pointer from certain death, however, nobody can find the dog now, so that doesn't look to good for Washoe County Animal Services. It also mentioned in a news story the cruel company was making a $5,0000 donation to the Nutty Humane Society. The county cares for the dog and the Humane Society gets the funding. It makes an old man proud to live a state away..
There is no mention of course that the CEO of Tahoe Airport is one of the lead BOD for the Nutty Humane Society. ( I like the way that reads ) I don't want their name in print but we do need to define them apart from Animal Control.
Have a wonderful Season,
Was it YB who said Christ wants a bicycle ?
Chap
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
How wonderful to have you hit our feed ! You've had us worried you old curmudgeon. The thought of losing you and Miss Priss is overwhelming. I am getting better about giving credit where it's due on the Advice blog. I know Priss is going to call the County Manager to find out why in hell NHS is doing all this stuff that should be under field services. Our agency doesn't save animals from burning buildings, we don't have humane officers and neither does NHS. Glad to see you up, take care
Hello, NHS is doing it because Washoe County is letting them. Thanks for the kind words, slow but steady here.
I am so glad you're doing better. And it's so nice to know that NHS is getting such a wonderful Xmas present. Perhaps they can use it to buy cat-shaped tree decorations. Oh, why bother, they have plenty of non-mobile cats they can just plop on a tree. I'm sure the cats will enjoy it too.
In Memphis, we have had a little snow and are all ready for Xmas. For those who missed out on the MAS grand opening, there is a video that can be found on the Friends of Memphis Animal Services FB page. It's also on Youtube. Once you get past the grimacing politicians, it's got pictures of the shelter and of our volunteers. Not as well -produced as the NHS tour, but a lot more real-life.
I am glad to see you back Chap. Watch out and make sure the alien from Oreo's page doesn't creep over here.
Does your video include the floor to ceiling kitty cages ? That would be hard to replicate. I had suggested on my last trip up (hoping to infect upper management) that the atrophied kitties could be placed under the tree in the lobby to complete the picture of feline bliss. But now that you mention it, a few well placed but weak legged cats would do well near the keyboards at the surrender area. Take care of yourself I am coughing again.
Morn Chapo, spoke with ACM last night and I think we may finally be on the correct radar screen. Take care of yourself and let me know when you can get up to Reno
Good day to you Priss, I see you are up and swimming already. If that was DC, good job, I seldom come up on a schedule so it's hard for me to get an appointment to make my concerns know to staff at the county level. Still weary, but keeping moving.
In Christ's love
Chap
Oreo told me I had to post so you could see patience and graycat. I hope you approve.
Now the NFP makes sense. Wonderful choice, have you a picture of your tortie ?
Chap I can see where your Nutty Humane would be enough to keep you busy, but we're very happy you are spending time on MAS. Shirley continues her garbage and it's almost impossible to ignore at times. Now it's puppies have pooped in a cage !! Heaven help us all, a puppy has pooped. I have been checking things out in your area and it seems the Nutty Humane is trying to take you over too. Did you used to live in Reno ? You and Oreo were volunteers together ? if this is going to be my new home base I want to know all the details. I've only gone to Shirley's twice in a week. It's like when you quit beating your head against the floor, it feels good. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with all your little Chaps.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sorry SB, got it down fast. Don't forget to put NFP at the TOP, sometime if it's good folks I just put it up.
@SouthernBelle -all you need to know about this bunch is that they all seem to be DOG people. Nice DOG people, smart and discerning and caring DOG people, but still DOG people.
I'm getting to kind of like them though.
Dog people, Indeed !! Coal in your stocking for even thinking that :)
Dog peeps here! Cats make me sneeze and wheeze. The MAS grand opening was good. Politicians a little "on edge", but it went well. The paw print ribbon for cutting was a nice touch :-).
The dirty puppy cages on the snotty biscuit (hope snotty is accepted) was a total "set up". The lovely human who took the picture knew the cages were in the process of being cleaned. The transfer kennel was on top so they cropped it off. The kennel you can see in the back ground was being cleaned first, and volunteers were around performing the work. Oh well, honesty just does not seem to be "part of the program".
Hope you are doing well Chap. Everyone else too!
No cats on the tree at MAS. Guess it will take Mas a few years to build up to stacked cats. Oh, wait Mas does not believe in warehousing animals forever in little cages. Guess they will have to get some store bought cat ornaments....
Hope everyone has a great Christmas, Hanukkah, St. Lucia Day, Las Posadas, Kwanzaa; what ever your day! Let the joy spread.
Well, Merry Chritmas MAS ! From the news we are hearing, our season is looking brighter. I hope to get up to Reno before Christmas to help with the annual " arranging of the cats" My suggestion last year was false mantles here and there along the hallway, then drape the kitties. My wife missed my humor, and pointed out that if it's a wall, then it's covered with cages.
Chap
Post a Comment