Lots of Job opportunities at the No Kill place, seems to be in a state of change. Flux is a word that comes to mind when picturing the shelter.... fluidity would be a kind word as well. Or, we could just say the help doesn't stay around long. As I type this post there are 6 openings on Longley and they are all on the Intake portion of the facility. A new Asst. Director, be still my pounding heart.....the form indicated a need for knowledge of local & state law. There is a concept for one to ponder. An informed person at the helm.The last bright star to leave that darkened sky took with her all hope of reviving a Wildlife program, or shouldering the responsibility for education. We are left with a brick and mortar rescue group. The county side is stumbling along under Mitch and we know when he gets through things are going to be very different. Everyone is afraid for their jobs and so secrecy is paramount.
Pictured is Oreo, doing what she does best, making me proud to call her my friend.....

11 comments:
I went to both sites, it's odd to me that NHS offers lower jobs locally and gives the plum to Winograd. Philly is supposedly giving a big title ( according to Winograd ) to the dog manager from NHS, you would think with all Philly had been trhough they would be looking to not hire from a no kill shelter. They do have a lot of open positions for such a small shelter. If I count the numbers right on petfinder they have close to 1,000 animals jammed in there. Any word on the AHA report ? I did note on the Assistant Director job description the clearly stated intent to reduce intake; isn't that an intake facility ? Just checking.
A co-worker went out and came back with a glow on, they must appeal to the lame brains of the world.
This is a nice woman, lots of cats, and loves all animals to the point of being a problem in her neighborhood. She said they accused her of drawing rodents from having food sitting out all the time. Let's not lose sight of the fact we need to think of the city as a whole. Have we heard from Greta with her new dog ? This being closed is a pain.
You guys waiting for something new ? ( humor ) I did hear from a Commissioner today, and we are going to work on getting the AHA report when she gets back in town Tuesday. I hope everybody follows old school and really reads the information on that Wino post. In essence he admits it was a switch & bait. That no kill was not on the table at the time of consolidation. Need to get that to the BCC.
That looks like Lady.
Hello Steve, yes the lame brains like the rose colored glass effect. Sometimes it's easier to believe and let the truth go untold. I was there last Saturday and I don't buy the pool party scenario.
I wish people would delve more deeply into the actual length of time these animals are handled and taken out of the kennel. It's pathetic really, how they lay on the concrete hour in and hour out, and some are not removed for social activities. An above ground cemetary is what it looked like. I went into the bowels where they don't fluff the pillows and it was not healthy back there. It is crowded and noisy and stresful, it's a bad situation and how can anyone ignore that is good conscience ?
You didn't call, I hope all is well.
Shelters are by nature transient, but that's a lot of open positions. Must be hard working conditions to have people leaving in this downturn. We have turned away 3 dogs and 9 cats in the past week, we are full. Being in a rural location we don't have a large adoption pool, but we do get interest from both Oregon and California.
I hope the people were able to get the animals to the next shelter. I hate saying no, and yet, the longest we have had any of our dogs is three weeks. we are really to small to be considered a community resource, and I refuse to have unsupervised fosters all over hell and back.
I liked the feeling of the Oreo picture, you can almost touch the love in her look.
I think we took maybe 6 or 7 dogs last month. Petnetwork is hiring too. I think the people from NHS are now leery of applying at Becky's place or ours. It's "the
enemy of my enemy is my friend" in the rescue groups. I was shocked to hear that Dog Town is allowed to pull from AC. Tom is friendly to her in public, but I don't think he asks her to foster. God, I hope not.
Per Christine Fletcher, the last Asst. Dir. at NHS, the organization has a 300% annual turnover rate.
Currently or historically ?
Historically, 2006 and earlier.
I have not been following the garbage blog. I refuse to look. Oreo is a good source of what is going on and if you are watching for us, then I'm taking a break. His crazy sleeping with his rabbit stories are to much.
Overnight camp outs with the turkey, endless stupidity. I suppose what finished it for me was the giant free employment advertisement he gave them by the " press release" about hiring an assistant director. Come on, it's a newspaper, they sell advertisements. If I needed to hire, it would cost. This is sickening. I canceled the subscription, I don't even want the thing in my house. Wow, that felt good. Thanks.
Post a Comment