On a Pet Network page I read that they had just taken 22 puppies, due for euthanasia...... Hard to believe that NHS would not take puppies, wonder where the puppies came from, had the impression it was California; that would be a guess. Looking at the latest stats I don't see a big difference in numbers, just relabeling the ones being killed. Now under " reason for euthanasia it says unclaimed....marvelous we no longer kill for time and space...... A touch of cynicism on a sunny Sunday afternoon. NHS now has 7 job openings, albeit some partime, must be a dream to work for. Looked at all the pictures of the 51 cats from the hoarding situation that WCRAS did the transport on and NHS took at once; now they need donations of course. Really, if one has hundreds of cats stacked like china in the cupboard, who cares about a few more, just scoot the cages closer........The people had 51 cats and a family member was concerned, do ya think ? WCRAS left six behind and now is going to make sure they are altered. I guess that would be follow-up on a hoarding case ?I notice all the ltwo animal agencies are acting like nothing has changed, so when is the county going to step up to the plate and quit letting NHS use data and software ?
A friends new cattle dog, sweet and ready to learn......

8 comments:
The other shelter didn't get the puppies from us. You know when I go to your AC site it looks like there are a lot of shelters in your area. I understand from Oreo there aren't but I think that must be on purpose to make it seem like Winograd has a bigger base.
We are placing quite a few dogs, no cats, it's usually the other way around.
I don't believe any of the numbers your NHS is putting out, they got 500 cats in one month but adopted out 800 ? That did not happen, I would almost guarantee it. They might be getting them out the door, but I bet they are trying to bring them back. I watch petfinder now to see what the competion is up to.
We are overwhelmed down here, the puppies are coming out of the wood work and an alarming number are pit mixes. . Neo natal kittens are an even bigger problem. Even if one saves every kitten , where do we go from there in a market already flooded ? Spay neuter is our only recourse.
I did call last weekend Oreo, but missed you. I brought Lady up and left her with my son while I took a tour of the shelter, the AC side is not quite as well managed as on earlier visits. The NHS side is depressing. Way to many animals.
Sorry I missed you Gret, I did see on a webpage that another animal person is going to Philly with Marc, so I don't know if his position is listed on the hire section of the NHS webpage or not. The rats are jumping ship.......sucks for the animals but our only hope is to get some outside light on the situation. I am still corresponding with BCC and they are bugging Katy Simon, so hope springs eternal.
Lots of good events comming up. Are you going to Dog Daze Oreo ? I would like to meet you. That is a fun event if we can avoid the fights that occurred last year. There are different types of people coming now and it's one of our good fundraisers, but getting to many dogs I'm not sure of. Last year some people wanted to let the children in the water with the dogs. That is a bad plan. I will be there as a volunteer and we are not bringing Lucy2 or Riley unless Shel gets the day off. It would be great to see Lucy2 in the pool, but I may be manning the gate or helping someone, so we'll see. There are so many openings at NHS and I hear Becky needs help. I am happy volunteering, so I can exit quickly if it's bad again.
The SPCA is still on the County website. Why did Weber say we are trying to educate the public when having all these non partners listed on the county page is very confusing. Take a friend to the county page and ask thme who our partner is, 9 out of 10 think they are all the same. we are taking Lucy2 to the swim meet if I can get off work.
It's been an item of irritation for Oreo since it started and I'm getting ready to have my human call Bob Larkin. There is supposed to be a meeting wherin the public can learn the nature of what each agency does, why should the county extend the confusion.
I don't believe the NHS stats either. The old cat manager and last humane officer told me that NHS was taking cats to the TNR colonies and turning them loose, even those that were not feral to begin with. I think it was to avoid euthanasia but don't know for sure. And, I don't know whether it is still going on or not.
It is against the law to abandon animals in Nevada. That is exactly what they are doing by the TNR program.
I absolutely agree and think we are going in that direction next. Exposing the true nature of TNR....... It is long overdue, way overdue and the cat colonies are starting to tick people off.....
Post a Comment