Wednesday, July 29, 2009

San Francisco Says No To No Kill Yet Again.


Staying current on other cities is part of the job, and Oreo is not one to shirk her duties. There is a huge rant on the Wino's place about San Francisco declining him AGAIN people.....This guy is so stuck in Reno, I hope our BCC has the balls other regions have shown and stick to their guns. They brought in HSUS and Ed Sayres of the ASPCA. The big guns are coming out in clear force now, and I wish we had called them in Reno, but we didn't, so here's hoping ( as I've always said ) that Oreo is enough. He hasn't mentioned Reno other than the attack on Ardena, which was really quite enough. Desperate people do desperation driven blunders. The assessment from AHA was given to staff on the 20th of June and Dan has not entered it. into a format for public record request yet. Nothing has been said about Wino's assessment. Who cares ? I am sure there were some issues on the AHA paper and I am just as certain the gutless wonders tried to blame them on Sabatoni. We are working on getting a copy now so we can see what the problems were and who determined them to be problems....... Wanna bet there is a BB in the barrel ? Oreo is wondering if she should retire when we put this baby to bed, or just go back to normal fun stuff. We've assembled a wonderful group of people and the friendships that have grown from this are deeply appreciated. I know many people are in the direct line of fire and can't post, but it's good to know you are here looking, and learning......
Pictured is Oreo just yesterday, looking sharp and anticipating a ball toss..

14 comments:

Cole David said...

Stay online Oreo, even when this is over and done there will be new issues to address. NHS will take some period of intense scrutiny to be brought into stae compliance. Besides that Mate has a crush on Miss Priss.

Happy Camper said...

I think we will Colan, just because we have all grown together. I feel like I know so many of you, and some I have met, EPC, Truckee River Labs, Greta,Jeannie and Steve to name a of the poster folks. I guess Sheldon & spouse know me, but I don't know them yet, and of course the ones still working for the gov, need to stay low. but you are all so special to me.

ExPetCop said...

I read about the news too. I scanned Wino's long-winded rant about the situation in SF. He is sooo redundant. I have a hard time reading most things he writes.

The local newspaper dog blogger is all over the Michael Vick thing. BB, in usual fashion, came out to blame everything on HSUS while giving full support to Wino. Believe me, I'm no fan of HSUS ever since I first dealt with them on a professional level. However as much as I hate to say, I agree with them on their handling of this situation.

I have helped to bust animal fighting operations and have no use for the likes of Vicks, but he paid his legal criminal debt to society. We need to move on and see what he does in the future.

Anonymous said...

The man talks in circles and just repeats himself and quotes himself, what an egotist. I am hearing nothing in the halls at
9th & Wells. I do see Dan going around looking stressed, but he always looks stressed. I am so glad I'm out of AC and not under his direct control. I checked the status of the assessment and it has not been delivered to the clerks office, It is a public doc, no question, but maybe if Oreo requests it they can bring it over. I think Sabatoni should. it would be her needing it for future employment. Be hard for them to deny her. Keep the pressure on until we get the SOP or memoranum of understanding done. The bastards are trying to come in the side door . Nathan wants the title, but Bonney wants to spend the county's money.

Jeannie said...

The local blogger is a bigger idiot than Winograd. The Vick dog story is really milking a mouse.
Who cares what Vick does, like pet-cop says, he did his time. I don't think he's reformed, or sorry, but the fact is, he did his time, so get over it.
Hoping SF holds solid in it's no way for no kill.

Compassion First said...

Hey guys, Wino has a new rant, even longer than before. pet cop is right it's almost impossible to read through the crap. he has listed all the Naysayers into one big group of Dunces.... what a boob. Spouse went to the SPCA today, they are hurting for money and seem to be learning the Bonney is not so Bonney after all. She will post later. Did her first day back as a dog cuddler, can only hang out so long before they start looking at you.
Please keep the blog going Oreo, even when we get the jerk down to size, the shelter will need a friend more than ever. I agree with Colan, there will always be issues and if the crazy newspaper guy can keep it up, I know we have more to offer than him.
Lucy2 is so good with Riley and I thank my stars everyday we found her. The gall of them putting an article in the paper for breed ban and shelter only pets. Stay on it.

ExPetCop said...

Boy, it it ever questionable in my mind how the shelters are going survive. It's really matter of financial planning for them too. Endowments will make'em or break'em.

Anonymous said...

I have kept a very low profile down here, but do work with several local people who have been through Winograd before and don't want to go back. He couldn't manage a pizza parlor, let alone a shelter. It was mayhem the short time he had the place in our area.
I literally have nightmares about the man coming back. Do you think he will keep a hate group going up there like Washington state ? I think his problem up there may be that Ardena is well known and liked, plus he accused her of a specific act which didn't happen and leaves him open to false accusations, even if they decide she is a pupblic person, they can't make direct false accusations. Mr. Winograd we are all sick of you.

Happy Camper said...

A double whammy, how cool is that ?
I concur with EPC on funding shelters, but where are the endowments coming from; and more importantly, to whom will they flow. I think the tough times will kill the poorly operated shelters. the same as any other business. I think Greta for the insight in her email about the funding situation where she volunteers. California is not an endless fount of funding either. BB is on every day somewhere in the RGJ talking about $240/$280 per animal to get them ready to adopt out for 25 bucks, oh boy; let me send my money there.....According to her every animal is a loss leader, so how can she expect people to keep funding that?

Anonymous said...

The underground is rumbling that he may be packing it up. We took in a little Mama dog and 3 puppies from a family traveling from Reno to Portland in search of work. That was heartbreaking because they were all bawling and I joined them. They looked for a home before they left, and kept getting rejected. It's hard to give away a pregnant dog. Their last stop was " you guessed it" and they were asked to come back or take the dog to the SPCA who told them they didn't take from the public. No offense, but that is pretty screwed up guys. So 200 miles down the road the dog gives birth and we have a litter of what looks like pit mixes, but most like purebred. Mom is brindle, pups are brindle with socks. They got the dog from a rescue out in the boonies somewhere down there. Who's handing out unaltered dogs ?Anyway, nice people and the dog was in very good shape. We'll keep them all til the pups are 8 weeks so the little guys have a chance to learn interaction. The Mom we will spay, but don't think we can find her a home around here. Pretty damn saturated with pits. Spay neuter is the answer folks, they said it was $300 and they didn't have it, the rescue should have never released the dog.

snoopy volunteer said...

Butters may be right, the atmospere at SPCA is very tense and the love fest seems to be on the downward slide.
Winograd will continue to do motivational speeches according to scuttlebutt. I am going to research the county page to find the meeting where BB told the commission she would give them Wino's assessment too. Shel was at the meeting and nearly fell out of his seat when she said that. I know that it should become public record if she offered it into the minutes of the meeting. Shel took notes the whole time she and Mitch were doing the presentation.
Lucy2 is really down with the heat, and she won't go out side except to relieve herself. I am guessing you have that with your two ?

Happy Camper said...

Snoopy, all dogs are suffering, but the Newfies really need to stay inside with the air on. My little ones go out about 6:30 for their walk and then they come home and lay in the shady Garden til about 10 and then they hit the house looking out the French doors till I turn the air on at about 1... I try to keep the little blue pool ready for them in the courtyard, if they get to warm they take a dip. I have to empty the big in ground thing every couple of days it gets to warm and they don't want it.
Butters I'm so sorry for the little dog and glad you can take them in. We have a couple of rescues in the Churchhill county area that are not very particular about state law.

Steve said...

We lost our old girl this morning, she got sick last night so we took her to emergency. She died this morning. Apparently a heart attack, she was 16 years old. I wanted to tell you all. This is the canine next of kin.

Happy Camper said...

I am sorry Steve, and a friend mentioned today about starting a blog to talk about the lost friend. you're right; Oreo's is a sort of " next of kin" it would be nice to have a whole blog with thoughts from people who have lost their beloved friend.