The anarchy going on currently is reminiscent of the riots of yesteryear, or the car bombings of today. I was active duty on the east coast when the Baltimore riots broke out. We were summoned to restore peace. What I learned then, simply put, is most of those people living in those neighborhoods did not want their homes burned down that day. They were caught in the cross hairs of somebody else and their insane agenda. Later with Watts, again the innocent were homeless as a result of the malcontents. All of the violence did not generate good will or enhance the community, it destroyed what they had available to build own.
That's the rule of power in the No Kill Movement and it's bizarre (wannabe ) leader. Once we destroy your shelter you will have to let us in, that's not working very well. Every shelter Winograd has touched, has failed, miserably, at the expense of animals and citizens alike.
A trip to Reno last week confirmed that. I walked through the tired slut of what used to be a fine place. Cages up the walls stood in silence as dogs raced by, dragging volunteers and scaring the beejesus out of the cats stacked 6 high. The few harried volunteers were trying to walk dogs at least once a week, you read that right. Cat cuddlers don't do cages, and dog walkers don't clean up after their charges. People are lined up around the building to surrender pets, some trying for the fourth day in a row, turned away again. The line is long because so many of these dogs are right back in the system within a week of being given away.
Normal people don't want No Kill, and they have animals in those shelters. If you think screaming to get your way is the path to victory, do your homework. I hear Mitch is leaving and I hope he takes the whole damn NHS board of directors with him. The inmates in Carson could take over and do a better job of running the place. Denise is eating her way into a heart attack, Bonney continues to throw spin and animals at the same speed and Diane is trying to stay alive. What few of us volunteers left are disgusted and only hanging on for the animals. One told me the return rate was over 40%. The rumor mill has is that both Bonney and Mitch are like rats in a corner looking for something to bite. Pretty stupid of Mitch to let Bonney get the rebates from the power company without even requesting the funds to apply. More county money wasted, and no help to the shelter animals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Excellent analogy Chap,it's a blind raging destructive anger. There is no change when they get kicked out of town, only more dead animals left to die in their cages. I have been thinking about taking pictures when I go in,but that is the fastest way to get off the roster. There was an article in Fridays Reno Gazzette Journal saying we are at an all time high, well yeah. They show one picture with 6 cages but the hall is lined all the way up. Now they are telling us how to behave when the power is switched over to their name. I will be out of here then. It will be freezing in winter and heatstroke in summer. I can tell you this much, we have way more than 400 cats in foster. the paper said kittens, but read between the lines. How many spay neuters are done ? Look at that, then adoptions and you will see the cats are being dumper through TNR. 9,000 surgeries and 1,600 adoptions. You don't need a degree to figure that out.
Mitch is never in the building, right now he's supposed to be speaking in Australia. I bet they are stuck with him until the new organizational process takes effect. Your post is graphic Chap, unforunately it's accurate. Everything thing in the facility looks old and tired.
I don't volunteer anymore, it is a black pit that drains you until there is nothing left to give or care. Most of the dogs right now are not pet quality, they are projects and not many people are looking for something to fix in this economy.
I watch all over the country and all No Kill does is spread hate and make animals suffer even more. I do think Winograd is deranged.
I've seen Mitch a couple of times outside smoking, he walks very bent over. One cannot carry evil and hatred without becoming stooped. Robin who used to work at NHS when I was there went to AC when Bonney fired her. Last I heard she had been fired by Mitch. She was so kind to animals and compassionate in her duties. I only found out last week she had been fired.
Post a Comment