This is certainly not a march I thought I would be on. You could say saving souls is saving souls, and I do believe that animals have a soul. God didn't create any thing without one. I learned in theology the Beast wears many faces. I also know there are many ways to thwart it.
In doing my research I found over 90 blogs coming back to one IP, one man making lots of noise. I would advise anyone who is considering volunteering or donating at a no kill shelter to go to Guidestar and research the 990 forms,ask yourself if this is the highest use of resources for the animals. There are many faces publicly, such as Fix Austin, or Fix Indianapolis, Mike Fry and his radio show. The really big "Fix" groups are all after the same thing, a government contract. I have not seen him go after any shelters not attached to government funding.
I am not talking about the small independent no kill groups; they can decline an intake, and usually take care of their limited inventory. The animals are killed at the nearest public shelter when they are turned away, but truly humane shelters know when they are at capacity and close the door. I have met many such shelter operators, responsible people making tough decisions. I have also seen the ugliness when the twin devils hoarding and greed rear their ugly heads.
I would start the new reader off with the TNR Reality website. If, you need further proof of how insane this idea is, I recommend laanimalwatch.com . It is a blogspot by a very sincere man who unwittingly tells the truth about TNR.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Keep up the good work.
Are you talking about www.TNRrealitycheck.com? The LAanimalwatch site truly does show the insanity connected with the "No Kill" movement. I would have to disagree with the blogger being sincere however. He is sincere only to his own personal goals and should have learned a valuable lesson with the Boks fiasco. No kill as a goal is what we all work for, a day when no animal has to die for lack of time and space. "No Kill" is a personal agenda, quite different from the goal.
What is so difficult to understand about "if they ain't there, you can't kill them"? "No Kill" puts the focus on the now, the present, saving them all rather than on the future. The future can only be assured if we put the focus on spay/neuter. Yet once again, "No Kill" has opposed mandatory spay/neuter in CA and out of the other side of the mouth says "No Kill" supports spay/neuter.
The open door shelters are full of the rejects of the "No Kill" community. There's a double standard in the humane community with the "No Kill" shelters turning away those they deem unadoptable. Then they expect the open door shelters to accept and adopt out their rejects, putting another description of adoptable onto the stressed open door shelters.
There's good and bad in all things. One cannot appreciate good without the bad. The humane community is being torn apart by "No Kill" when it was already suffering from a lack of cohesiveness. Animals are suffering unnecessarily as a result. We need a leader who can bring us together despite our differences to work toward the goals that we all have.
Thank you Honesty, I have read about you online. I decided I could no longer look away from what I saw at the local no kill shelter. The animals cannot wait much longer for us to help them. We were near Reno Nevada and they have a shelter there that has animals hanging from the ceiling.
I do hope, beings that you are a chaplain, that my blog doesn't offend you too much. I chose to use street language because I want people to see my anger about this movement. It's not a nice subject and I don't want to be nice about it any more. Been there, done that, and it didn't work. So I tend to be an in-your-face sorta person now.
I started Honesty Helps to give people tools to fight this movement. It is complicated and without the correlation I provide, people might not understand. The animals are suffering unnecessarily. To me, a dog/cat is not complete without a master and the interaction with humans. In many "No Kill" shelters, that interaction, at best, is limited to the kennel being cleaned, food and watering, maybe a total of 20 minutes a day. Would you not go crazy if you were limited to only 20 minutes a day of interacting? "No Kill" shelters can actually take an adoptable dog and turn it into an unadoptable one with behavior problems, kennel stress, etc. Cats are already independent and it makes them even moreso. It appears to me that those following this movement can't see the suffering. Look at Lied, NV where over a thousand animals were euthanized by HSUS because of disease while the staff was quoted as saying they didn't know the animals were sick. Who can miss the symptoms of illness, was no one cleaning up the vomit and diarrhea?
Yes, I know about the Reno problem but because it is a non profit, you can't get public records. If you speak out about it, the NHS will file a restraining order against you to prevent your coming in to report back to the public. Do you know that Bonny Brown is now on Winograd's Board of Directors?
No kill is a marketing term designed to distinguish between a private, closed door, limited admission non profit shelter and an open door shelter. Roger A. Caras, longtime President of the ASPCA and a noted author, called "No Kill" a hoax, a movement that hurt open door shelters by stealing away volunteers. He refused to refer to the ASPCA as no kill even though it became that after giving up the animal control contract for New York. Then again, the ASPCA shelter is only for their cruelty cases, it is not an open door shelter that I know of. Non profit shelters pick and chose in order to not euthanize and their rejects are those euthanized in the open door shelters. What hypocrisy!
And to comment on the prison programs, I love them. A good use for both the dogs and the prisoners. I would like to see more of them. It's the best way to rehab the outcasts of society in my opinion. Animals can touch our hearts in ways that no human can do.
Welcome to my world, the fight will be the toughest one you've seen in awhile.
I would disagree that Muzika is sincere, I think he is a misguided arrogant fool. I hope he does get his butt sued off. Keep playing with Winograd, and you will get the muck he brings with him.
Post a Comment