What an absolutely glorious morning for Mother's Day we're having here in Sparks Nevada. I'm looking forward to coffee with neighbor Stan, we're going to go Raley's. Up in the front of the store they have this neat little coffee area, and its three little tables, and the best coffee in the world and shelves and shelves full of fresh danish rolls. So I am so ready to celebrate Mother's Day. Rick is generally off on Sundays, and this is the first Sunday he has had to work in five years, and of course it's Mother's Day but we're so grateful to have job in this economy that were going to skip the bitching. My sister Tootie just called me, she's coming back from her vacation in her RV. She sounded bubbling and happy, and like her day was just what she wanted it to be. I know this is a bittersweet day for my dear friend Janet, so for those readers blessed enough to have parent and child both alive consider yourself doubly blessed. I should probably toss in some poem about what is a Mother...This is called platitudes from a book called when I'm an old woman I shall wear purple.
Platitudes
Mother is with God, Mother is at rest, Mother's with dad, Mother was ready to go, Mother's paid her dues, Mother is still with us, Mother lived a full life, time heals all wounds... you will mourn Mother the rest of your life.
I'm not so sure that mourning is a bad thing, it reminds me of my humanity, it reminds me how dependent I am on human love. I got lost in this the book. It deals with aging and everywhere I turn around, I find me... I like this book, so I'll try this one for you...

2 comments:
A Mother & Child Reunion,Happy Mom's Day everyone.
It is sad and ironic, that the mommy dog in this picture just passed away. She was the mother to my two puppies, and a wonderful dog who loved everyone and everything. She was nine, I think that is average for a Newfoundland dog. It sounds silly, but I don't want to tell burly dog and miss priss... hug a creature
Post a Comment