We have heard and read " embrace" so many times lately, the local media looks like a dime novel. All the nut jobs embracing one another makes one a tad ill about the gill.. We are up to our ears in this lovefest between down at the heels cat saviors and up to no good " managers" Mitch wants to " embrace " lifesaving, amazing, wonderful, caring BB; local shelter director gone to seed in a big way. I don't mean in a sexual way, I think they are to far gone for any of that foolishness, but they want to " merge" You know in the South in the summer time, slow river and the leeches want to" merge " with your calf ? Similar, very similar; sometimes it's hard to tell who is sucking off whom...... Now we have all the rescues on the county page, even though the stats say they aren't pulling. Dog Town was on their stats last month nearly lost my cookies on that one, Lyon county sent out requests to not let her pull, so she moves to Churchhill and fires up the band again. If you have a moment to follow the yellow brick road, known as FB .......
Our sweet BB is "friends" with both Ed Muzika & Ed Boks; now you know that is hard to pull off. Does that mean that since they all network Tom J is now friends with Boks and Muzika ? How about Becky at Pet Network ? She is friends with Tom and BB who is a friend of Dog Town, do we have a coalition there ? Maybe BB could hire Ed Boks as her new assistant director, whoops, Nate would not like that !! Where is Nate by the way ? He is muttering away on his blog and repeating himself and King County is still under the lash of the crazies on KCACCExposed. A must read for those who enjoy tortured minds, trying to appear sane. My word, Oreo sounds like Catmom....

16 comments:
Wait until Shel reads this. I go to the shelter tomorrow, maybe I will hear some news money wise. the lovefest thing is right on. I did see the Pet Folio thing at Raleys. Mitch was never a Reno cop was he ? Never a senior officer. I thought he was a dog catcher who Sabatoni took along with her and then promoted. Cat city.
Volunteer, I have a call in on that. I don't think he was ever a cop, and you get in big trouble for impersonating one.
Mitch was never a damn cop, good grief. He was a dogcatcher. I hear there are complaints about his management style, and lets see how long the new kennel caretaker lasts. Maybe we should have Nathan as a head hunter. He is doing so well for NHS. Nuff said.
Anybody in gentle reader land recall Mitch as a Reno Officer ? I understand one Sparks leader is going to go take a look, lets hope they follow through, it is a public intake facility for the love of Pete !
To the best of my knowledge Mitch was never a police officer in Reno or anywhere else. Ask Cindy.
Not that she knows of, sweet friend...... Now if we could just get a cop to notice.....
Oreo, you do sound like your old pal, Catmom. Have you heard from her ? I still follow King County and am amazed at the evil being done by their BB at their Humane Society. It's a frightening parallel to our situation here. I got a copy of the Pet Folio, spoke to a RPD friend who is going to check on it. NHS is begging for food to supposedly give away, I don't think they have enough for the cats they have there. I want this to get more public, but with the local paper being a sucker for everything NHS puts out, where do you turn ? I am urging spouse to leave the SPCA again. I don't want any connectiion with what is going to come down before long. I want to help, but surely we can find another way now that Jacobs is in bed with Brown.
Thanks Shel, a tip of the hat to the cop who brings this to a state of correction. I understand that Sparks may be making a request for a copy of the assessments. It will help them in future decisions on consolidated services....
There was a huge long roll about the Northside SPCA and how it was turning away animals. Very similar to the rant about one back east. Private shelters do not have the mandate or the funding to take in every animal. So they do take the ones they think are most adoptable. I wish people would learn the difference between a shelter and a sanctuary. Where do these fanatics come up with the idea that funding grows on trees. The Humane Society was packed last week and I expect it will get worse before it gets better. My friend is looking to take a job there and I suggested strongly she stay in Reno for a week and visit the shelter every day before she applies. She has no experience with Mr. Winograd, and believes him to be reasonable, he can change her mind more quickly than I can. Any place that has 8 openings in this economy has something wrong with the management staff. It would be reporting to the ED and pays 25,000 less per year and the woman would be pulling the whole load. I am not a big one to interfere, but I hope she avoids it. I know seeing Winograd on somebody's resume' at our place is a flag.
I just caught that I used the same pic of Oreo twice........ I do love it, and for the love of all things gracious , please tell your friend to stay in town for two weeks.......
Our "exposed" blog says it well, the area is a mess. And it started with the unfunded mandate to save 85% of the animals. If there is a limited staff and an increased work load, something is going to suffer. Having a larger kennel population is going to take more people to maintain. Then we have the Kern County dogs coming up here and it's at critical mass. I hope Oreo is following the ACO blog and the newspapers. No Kill is deadly for shelter animals. We are far worse off than 2 years ago and what the senseless cows at kcacc exposed are ranting about is nuts.
I sincereley hope we stay on top of keeping the shelter open and the "leeches" as you called them away.
Thank you for the heads up on the news article. I am following you and hope every day to see a strong reprimand to the crazy group from your council up there.
Just blaming staff, thats what they did down here. We had a great AC manager and they refused to work with her. They instituted programs that contradict county code. How can you have TNR with a 7 cat per house limit. I have really come to dispise many of the perpetraters of pain.
HC said, "I have really come to dispise many of the perpetraters of pain." I have felt this way for a long time. Too many years working in shelters. I try hard not let my anger and disgust consume me. It is not always easy.
I try not to expend energy on the losers, but once in awhile I get weak.....Wonder how the free adoptions are working out, bet the return rate is out of site and you know it's got to tick off other shelters. BB is not above stepping on her fellow conspirators. I'll check Tom's and see if his are free...
Nobody is happy about the great giveaway. Especially not the rescues that have been sitting on some animals for months trying to hold things together.
If I was a rescue group, I'd be furious over BB's give-away weekend. She undermined them and the fosters.
I'd also like to know what kind of idiot has a black animal promotion a month before Halloween.
Please, tell me again how much BB and no kill looove the little critters.
Post a Comment