
The cruel people are trolling again, and it makes me sad to think it spite of every chance to learn and grow; they stay in their sickness. Oreo received a group of concerned emails and the truth is, the commission needs to focus on the consultant not the one bringing the light. This is not a populist movement, if everybody got a wish list some would wish for better roads to bring jobs. Many would say keep the Library staffed and open, some would say save the golf courses. The truth is there is no wish list for luxury items. We don't have enough money to keep the necessary services available. Building a bigger shelter will allow us to store more animals, we found out 2 years ago the bigger the shelter the more animals get dumped. We need a better plan for saving lives, the one being used by NHS only prolongs misery. The hoarders will fill to capacity and then some.
Who anybody is doesn't matter, it's a diversion, nothing more. A shoot the messenger, don't look at the " models" track record...... spin, spin, spin.
Pictured is a victim of naive owner who surrendered a blind dog that couldn't walk, and thought somebody in some shelter would fix it....Didn't happen; dog was adopted out twice untreated for her blindness and structure problems, and extreme anxiety disorder.

23 comments:
Have you read the crazy dude's blog ? He should be sued to the max, and the commission needs to be made aware that this is not the type of person we want to associate with. What a bunch of crap and trash. I remember the earlier version and it was not accurate then and it's an act of desperation on their part to pull a lie like that up again. I am so through with the SPCA except for Phishing purposes.
This is where I came in, who the hell is this jerk ? They were doing this when I adopted Dozer and Digger a year or so ago. I tried to comment on the rag about the problems with my two " brothers" and I got flamed to hell and back. I think we all know who Ardena Perry is & and all the good she has done in the animal community. If she is who I think she is, she helped me train these two unsocialized dogs, at no charge for almost 6 months. Where do we complain or is that a good idea ?
J
When they are losing the argument, the nutjobs' only defense is a personal attack.
Typical behavior for this crowd.
Other commenters here seem to know something I don't. Is the woman Winograd is attacking one of us ? That is a filthy, vile piece of publication and I can't believe even the RGJ let him put it up. I went to Winograds .com and you should see the spread he has there. Pictures of pills and all the stuff they do on the crazy sites. Maybe they can write in chalk on her sidewalk. Who is the AC manager that just retired is it her being attacked ?
Dear Oreo, you must not let this get to you. Mr. Winograd does this to everyone he can't beat. The fact he is going so overboard is is proof of his desparation. Los Angelos doesn't want him, I don't think he can circle around and land a contract with Reno, King County is done and I don't believe Indianapolis will take much of his foolishness.
His statements are worthy of a lawsuit, but knowing him, he would twist it like he did the LA one and act like he won when he didn't. I think the best thing is to deny him publicity. He can't get attention and then he withers.
Just my take on it. Lady is doing well with her thyroid, but still not a social butterfly.
I spoke with commish Larkin today, even with all the stuff he has been given he still didn't get that NHS was under contract to take owner surrenders. He thought the only thing they had to do was take what they wanted from AC if they were in the mood.
He acknowleded the letter from a former Wildlife rehabber, but thought the state was responsible for wildlife, didn't know AC was taking wildlife and thinks pigeons and squirrels are " feral " I hung up and cried I was so damn angry. Then I called him back and gave him the document number and told him to read it himself.
He really was surprised, he thought NHS was just like the SPCA but they rented a room from us, he really couldn't be that naive, could he......and will he clear it up now?
It has never ceased to amaze me just how uninformed our elected/appointed leadership truly is. It is down right scary that these people can affect what the rest of us do or don't do when they really have no understanding of the issue being presented to them. That's why it is so easy for nutjobs like Wino, Brown, and their minions to pull the wool over the eyes of those on the commission. The commissioner base their decisions on who can make the biggest stink. Usually the squeaky wheel gets the grease and it is usually the nuts.
With latest round the good guys actually won and so the nutjobs went on the attack for scapegoat. They chose Ardena this time.
Yes, I think we have won, and the animals are going to win as well. It is amazing to me that any commish could think all the stuff from the past two years was mistaken. I am sure he took the questions, asked staff ( think Dan ) and got a big lie in return.......This should not endear Dan to him.
What can anyone say about the tabloids, other than, they're trashy. I read the blog and knew at once it was about Oreo, because we all know who the council has been listening to. The poster who said attack is the last defense of the losing party is right.
I'm not certain tht suing him would be in the long term good of the cause. Publicity is this a- holes oxygen, don't give it to him. Anything to get his name in the news, good bad or indiffernt. Best Friends says it, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Let him stew in his own broth, the county can see for themselves what an idiot he is. I would be questioning the one commissioners on ethics violations if she continues to vote on this set of partnership issues.
To the blog in general, I am toying with the idea of filing an ethics commission complaint. I have to see what that would involve and how badly I was to piss off the BCC. When you nail one of their own, you become the adverse party and are likely to get run over as the wagons circle. Have to way the benefits Vs. the consequences of doing that. I don't think she can carry the vote, but I am watching the PSA.
For whatever it's worth, my understanding is the local officals here denied another presentation from Mr. Winograd. I hear he wanted to take up more than the allotted time for public speaking and got shut down. That would be grand news.
What does the man live on ? The rumor mill said he was single again, and yet he talked about living with his wife & two children. Truth is hard to come by with him. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the victims came together and did a class action lawsuit? We are seeing more dogs turned in for financial reason, but not listing foreclosures. It seems to me from the length of time some of these animals were owned they may have been an impulse adoption. Four in one day were adopted from a local off site adoption area.
Well Oreo, do you know what Ardena is going to do ? I have put my ear to the county and most of the people I trust are gone. On one level I hope she sues, and on another I agree with the reader who said don't give Winograd a free ride on publicity. Ignoring an attention seeker is the ultimate victory.
Kitty Jung took the post from Winograd / RGJ, and forwarded it to all the other commission memebers with an " Aha" That would make her guilty of publishing defamatory material with intent. She is also going to buy copies of Winograds book and give it to fellow commissioners.
This puts her way over the line to be voting on this issue. My personal advice, coming at it from a county level would be to lodge an ethics question on her lobbying and activism for the non county agency.
The loonies are still raving on the exposed blog and all we continue to watch both Nathan's blog and your crazy blogger down there. It would appear that he is planning an attack on the Midwest. I wish you would sue him and make him dance to his on tune. Look at what he did to Jen ( Catmom ) and all she ever did was help kittens. He is evil pesonified.
I saw a 10 year old GSD on your Pet Harbor, says it can't get up or walk, yet they have it on concrete. What the hell is the matter with your shelter to keep a dog that old on concrete ? This blog has been very educational on the things that go wrong when you partner with a non-profit. Up here they are considering going with the Humane Society and I believe it's a major mistake. we will end up subsidizing it just like you guys are.
I spoke with a COSpks. manager yesterday who lunches regularly with County Dept head, the City guy is against any further consolidations because of the AC failure, Reno took a hit with the Fire Dept, but Sparks really got killed on the county regional animal services and the City is not stepping up to the plate again.
Whoa there, kcacsharon.
This local issue is not a problem with a nonprofit entity per se. The problem concerns a no kill administration of a nonprofit shelter. This shelter was not always no kill, in fact, it was a full open admission shelter at the time of consolidation and for the previous 75 years. What animal control agencies need to be aware of is that animal shelters have high turn-over rates, and there is no guarantee that the same administration will be running the shelter 5 years later. In the case in Reno, it was all a set up by 3 rogue high-level employees (one of which was only temporary and brought on staff to resolve some simple issues like a consultant). These employees just happened to be animal rights crazies unfortunately. These women together then went after the B of D causing so much trouble that several members of the B of D quit as did some management staff. Then these crazies loaded the B of D with like-minded individuals. Once that was done, Winograd was called in. He in turned hand-picked the current executive director.
Knowing how great a draw the crazies have, including Wino, Best Friends, Maddie's Fund, etc., animal control agencies should run away from any talk of consolidation, privatization, or partnering, and they sure as hell need to stay clear of any remotely like no kill no matter who is promoting it.
Excellent comment EPC, In following King County which is where KCsharon hails from, the Seattle Humane Society is a hot bed of No Kill Zealots. All their uppper management staff spoke at the No kill conference. Claire Loeb Davis has already told the King County Commission they need to increase the rates for what the SHS will be taking because they will have the animals longer being a No Kill Shelter following the Winograd Model.
That said I agree with you, run from any partnership with a no kill agenda. Work within your community to lower the euth rate and increase spay neuter. As backward as it appears on the surface, being more selective in who you encourage to adopt will increase permanent homes. but you are right it is the search for Maddies Money that draws the goofballs.
Tom is backpedaling from BB on this one. That little explosion showed everyone what a real jerk Winograd is. I am sure some people have read about him in other areas, but here we have a known quanity.
I met Ardena 2 years in a row at Dog Daze which SPCA sponsored. That little woman with the 2 huge Newfoundlands is hard to miss. She jumped right in and scooped poop and helped move the line along. I couldn't believe her capable of harming any animal then and certainly can't now.
So far nobody thinks anything about me popping in at the shelter about once a week. I still hope she sues him !
I didn't mean to step on any toes . I should not have been so general in using non-profits, I do that to avoid having SHS come up in search engines that may lead back to this blog. Oreo seems to have covered the facts of our non profit, it is run by another woman just like your BB and her intials are even BB. If something is going to be open admission they need to take every animal and so far the humane societies have not been able or willing to do that.
My wife has covered this thouroughly, but I still want to put my two cents in. Where is it written the idiots can lobby and write and call and get the newspaper coverage, but the person who objects to them is out of line?
Clearly neither Winograd or his sheep can take or respond to direct criticism of this poorly constucted plan.
As far as taking the jerk to the cleaners, I hope Oreo does, however I don't know all the consequences of doing that.
The important issue to me is the no kill didn't get past the commission I was at a meeting tonight and the consolidation question came up. Four people said based on the situation at animal control and NHS they would no longer want to work with the county. I hope that message gets back to Larkin, he represents me.
We don't want the county for a partner because they always overspend and then expect the cities to bail them out. Animal services and the Reno Fire Dept are the best example of getting the shaft.
Well this is small news; he walked through our shelter as we were closing last night. He had his notepad and sour expression. Staff told him he had to leave in 5 minutes we were closing, he asked if they knew who he was and they said yes, just another visitor. He announced he was here to do his inspection and offer an opinion, staff told him to come back tomorrow and write as long as he liked, but he needed to leave now. Warms the cockles of my heart.
I say keep it low and make them eat crow. Just keep reeling out the rope while they hang themself; I know the Commission is appalled by the outburst, except for Commission Jung who wrote the book on moronic.
I just wanted to agree with Colan. Thanks again Oreo for showing us how to follow the Commission meetings from home. Jung and I disagree on a lot of issues and I am a Dem. I don't agree with voting the party line if your candidate's an idiot. I voted for Neal Cobb after I saw his website from here. I am educating Dem's on some of this stupid policy and doing conversions to sanity as needed.
Post a Comment