Reading the blogs today reinforced the need to remain dilgent.. All this has just worn Oreo out. It seems the county will continue to do the humane thing, which is to not turn an animal away. Thank God, for that.I did read on Nathan's blog that Mitch was a featured speaker at the NO KILL in DC Conference. I am as furious as Catmom ever thought of being. Mitch works for the County folks, we pay his way, he represents us. Now he is going to speak at a no kill function which embraces anarchy. Winograd and his lawyer pals are trying to get a legal way to force counties to hire Nathan and privatize animal care. An absolute" must read" for all of us. " Use the legal system to save animal lives".
Anybody in
Oreo- ville need a translator ? Winograd is about NO liscense, NO pet limit, NO leash law, NO spay-nueter, Releasing FIV cats into the community, Releasing Bite dogs into the community, Absolutely No Restraints on "Petships" For those out of town and out of state readers, Mitch's job description is " Field Supervisor for Washoe County Regional Animal Services" His duties include, but are not limited to.... Enforcing license regulations, getting bite dogs off the street, protecting the community from animals at large, Enforcing pet limits, speaking to safety and health issues in the community, is the animal vaccinated? Here we have the voice for enforcement speaking as the voice for chaos. Has the boy lost his mind? Or left it at the Peppermill?? We taxpayers are supporting this, the roundtrip fare is $823.00 a month in advance. Lets just say Nathan paid for the ticket, then we have a county employee getting a very substantial " gift" from an organization that will profit from his speaking engagement. Nathan is working to get the contract for Washoe County, he can't make a living from NHS they run at a loss..... It always comes down to the government trough. At the time of his engagement, Mitch would be getting a government paycheck from Washoe County while he trashed his field of enforcement. To be fair to Mitch ( perhaps he could learn from example) maybe he really doesn't understand he is a pawn, but Dan seems like a fairly bright guy. This is like a state trooper arguing to up the alcohol level for a DUI. One should never encourage the miscreant. If Mitch wants to tie up with the NO KILL let him go to work for NHS, he certainly has that right. But when he is taking taxpayer funding, he better be meeting his job description. And, that is not furthering the agenda of the corporation trying to run Longley Lane. Grow up and smell the losers , please....... A picture is worth a thousand words, please use the link below to gain insight.
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/YOUR_protest_pictures/2008-08-10_LAAS%20Demos/?albumview=slideshow

20 comments:
Those are excellent points that need to go before the public. I would be curious as to who is paying for airfare and will Mitch be on the county payroll while attending. I think I made you aware that Whine-ograd "stole" a report written by Mary Cummins for LA on wildlife and animal control. The Whino used this report in Philly. Philly euthanizes all wildlife found in the city, they have a law. The Whino was telling animal control to disregard the law because he hadn't bothered to check, just used Mary's report which goes against Philly law. I would send this info to anyone and everyone. Get out on the streets if need be. There is a definite conflict of interest here.
No wonder you are tired Oreo! These jerks never run out of ways to try and skirt the system. Why not use the money expand on services for the animals in shelter.
Mitch is such a know it all, and he knows nothing. This all about him getting on the gravy train, none of these people care one damn thing about the animals or they wouldn't be stacked to the ceiling. MItch used to gripe about NHS all the time, now he has a thing for poor little Bonney so he is excusing the stuff he sees right in front of his eyes. What is with him and Karen the kennel manager ? They are all buddy, buddy now, is he trying to convert the staff at the county? Stay home and clean a kennel Mitch, you weren't hired to be an ambassador.
This is outrageous.That is a conference for the legal profession to get their foot in the county coffers. They are suing in California, and writng on the sidewalks in front of the mayors house, and pouring paint thinner on cars, these radicals are crazy and Mitch wants to represent our County agency as being in alignment with them? Yank that man back into line, who is his dirct report? Montruex is in Washoe County and we do have a say in this.. Disgusting and a conflict of interest if ever I saw one. Take our name off his paycheck.
Got to work early today so time to check Oreo for my morning feel good. Boy did that backfire. I am p***** what is he thinking? I met him when we were going out to adopt before we bought the boys, he is the tall bald guy that spoke for NHS at the County Commission I think. wife and I were there that day in the back, sure could have fooled me that he worked for the county. He has a conflict of interest for sure Volunteer.
I don't care if he is getting his way paid , he needs to stick to his lath, After all I have read about the crazies I don't want them up here and they follow Winograd. I have started keeping tabs on this since NHS flaked on our adoption, and the whole set up is not well done. I used a link Oreo had put up and the ADL has Bonney Brown as their favorite, that is a great recomendation for NHS. Oreo said it best, losers
2big dogs
Well I had been watching for an update, sorry to see this is it. It does follow the pattern though. You know in the wild the coyotes will send forth their most attractive female to lure the love struck dogs from the yard to dine on. This is pretty much how Winograd operates. Although most coyotes are smart enough to not try and take the dogs down in it's on back yard. Mitch has a conflict of interest going here and asomebocy needs to bring that to his attention.
This is a very bad turn of events, I also saw a NHS column in this mornings paper. NHS seems to be going for the full court press. Why are they being accorded this special newspaper column and not say the SPCA? I did read that the writer will admit there are other agencies ( like the SPCA where my wife volunteers) that are equally deserving. I hope she is not the spokesperson for all agencies.
I am sorry about the employee screw up. we didn't deal with this group in Sac, however; since I have been here I have seen enough for my information. What supervisor approved this? It is a direct conflict of interst, the whol rescue community knows it, and they weren't asked to speak. Clearly they are courting the county. I didn't see Jacobs name on the list of speakers and feel Mitch was invited only because of his County status. Is he supposed to talk about what no kill strategy he uses in Animal Control work? Lucy agrees with Oreo, this is an outrage. Riley being mostly lab, doesn't have an opinion.
Could not keep my trap shut on this one, I have been quiet for a while; get this on Indybay.org. and write to the County Manager with your and our concerns. This is the stupidest bunch of S*** so far. Did Sabatoni approve this, and if so, why? Nobody with any brains is left on the dog blog for the paper, just Mark's yes men. I understand the paper is giving Bonney a column, does this blog know when? I can hardly wait to see her first column. Free press, free advertising, I want the SPCA and Pet Network to get their own column, at least it may contain some information we could learn from. If the paper is anything like her press releases, it is all spin.
Oreo hopes you guys are using the link. In an article in Austin Texas a Winette ( couldn't be Nathan himself ) said it was not a crime to write on the side walk with chalk.......depends on what ya write fool.... to address a couple of concerns, I will see if I can find a copy of Mitch's job description and put that together with Nathan's stated agenda and the conflict shoud be apparent even to a died in the wool idiots. To Sheldon, I don't belive this was approved by Sabatoni and I could ask, but I think we should let the County Manager ask. Oreo will be writing her this afternoon. Greta, I think it is his ego being stroked, at his age the other is probably pretty well out of action. The ego is a much more dangerous tool anyway. And volunteer, you are correct as always. I hope you can stay in the field and not get in the line of fire.
While doing a blog run I came across a press release on RGJ mostly dogs. They are going to have dogs for adoption at Moana stadium, the paper is offended about puppies at the farmers market, but think adopting at a ball game makes sense. Both venues suck. Talk about a double standard. Thr Mostly Dogs puppet is at it again. I wanted to remind everyone the balloon races are back, so the San Raphael area is down for the duration. Is a ball park a suitable adoption venue? who inspects the condidtions; is it Mitch?
Sorry for the ealier typo's, blame the keyboard. One other point I wanted to make; and this is not a personal attack on Mr.Schneider, but I am left to query. Is he no kill espousing enforcement to get a salary, or is he enforcement feigning sympathy to no kill to gain advancement? This has all the earmarks of playing both sides against the middle. I don't know the names of all the players and where they stand, I simply feel it's a judgement error.
Seems like a Brenda Barnette move to me. Try to gain the trust of the ACC people by recruiting one of there own. Does this guy work for ACC or Winograd?
It doesn't matter who buys the ticket, it is the conflict of views that is out of line.
I would be asking questions about the offsite adoptions. A ball park is no place to have people adopting an a pet. Talk about an environment of impulse reactions. Yeah, two hot dogs and a Weimeriener. Have any of these people ever set foot in a shelter ? To volunteer, every shelter has a Mitch, they are usually wanna be cops and not very strong in the management end.
Try to think of what the dog will go through being put out with a bunch of yelling people, that should raise a flag. I am aggravated and don't know who to call. Did anyone ever hear what happened to Steve and Pixie ?
We met at the vet's office, I love your site and want to see you keep going. There is a need for honesty in the dog world today. The vets don't like to talk about it, but things are not right at the shelter. I would hesitate to adopt from there now, I see all the stuff on the news and they clean the dogs up and parade them in front of a camera, but most of those dogs are in a pen day and night. My daughter volunteered there briefly. Why doesn't somebody do something about the crowding? There are not enough hours in the day to get all those animals touched.
China pug
You might want to check and see if the DA's office has a division to investigate internally, such as a conflict of interest as this one. If there is a reporter who "hates" city hall, then give this to that reporter as a conflict of interest. If you are so inclined you can even check the policies and procedures for county employees in instances such as this one.
As for the ballgame adoptions, I would hesitate to do such a thing because of the yelling, etc. that can scare a lot of dogs. Plus people don't go to ball games to adopt animals and you don't want the emotional adoption, particularly after a few beers. But then if the adoptions come back in to NHS and are booked as new impounds, they are still looking good on paper.
To address overcrowding the latest numbers from "no kill" Los Angeles show an 88% increase in died in kennels and DOA compared to 6 years ago when things were considered so bad. Rancho Cucamonga experienced a 600% increase the first year of adopting Whine-ograd's program. This is one way to keep the euthanasia low. Whine-ograd says to follow the needle, I say follow his program.
Nathan Winograd is being publicly acknowledged by breeders, puppy mill breeders, dog fighters, hoarders, as REPRESENTING THEIR FINANCIAL INTERESTS
Some of these people have actually been arrested for animal cruelty, and they are working to strip out anticruelty laws so they can easily be able to commit cruelty for profit!
as well as hide their businesses and incomes from tax authorities and governments.
They have flat out stated that Nathan Winograd is helping them! and loobbying for their interests.
Lack of regulation is how they operate and abuse for profit and thrive.
It is unbelievable that an animal control officer is getting involved with pro-cruelty lobbies, anti-government lobbies, anti-law enforcement lobbies!
That is who Nathan is aligned with.
Some of these breeders are radical anti-government zealots that even advocate aggressive activity against our government leaders and systems!
Is Mitch even aware of who he is getting involved with? Does he even know who Nathan Winograd is sneaking around with?
Clearly the pro-cruelty businesses are trying to use animal law to make their cruelty legal, and hide them from scrutiny.
This is more like a law enforcement officer going to a Drug Dealer Convention to mingle with the illegal druglords to discuss how to break down and destroy anti-illegal drug laws, protect the drug dealers, be protected from prosecution, expand their markets, and keep their incomes hidden.
So now I wonder, is this Mitch protecting puppy mill breeders, dog fighter breeders, abusers, and hoarders in the County? Is he refusing to uphold the laws? Is he going to try to break down the laws in the County? Or get laws passed that make cruelty legal?
Does Mitch know that TERRORISTS are promoting Nathan Winograd? And terrorizing governments to force them to give money to Nathan's No Kill solutions?
And sues governments (like the one Mitch works for) to extort and terrorize?
WHAT IS MITCH THINKING?
I think the question needs to be asked if Mitch's boss, Cindy I think, was asked and she refused but passed the buck to Mitch. You don't ask the field supervisor, you ask the manager/director of the animal control/shelter. This is very strange if Mitch was the first and only one asked.
And has Mitch considered that he may be the sacrifical lamb? He is walking into the lion's den as an animal control officer whether his shelter is following the Whino's program or not. He's a fool!!!!
Pixie is fine, not happy but getting used to the garage and my dogs now just sniff the fence between them, so she has some companionsip. She is still to nippy to ever be with them, but at least there is some company and she seems to know that. We took her to visit Mom and she tried to bite another resident so Mom doesn't want her to come back there. We still have ad's up and hope to place her in a adult home, the peeing is not responding to the medication, but we will give that some more time. The Dawg Wash does a good job of keeping her shaved and clean and on the concrete we can rinse it off. Thanks for that tip Oreo. We are nearing the 30 day limit that we were told by NHS we could keep her here, could anybody help us confirm that ? My wife thinks that might be a Animal Control issue and we should check with them. Also does Pixies age help ?
I read the article and went on line to look up the job description, a link would be nice Oreo. It seems like a conflict of interest to me. He can't be going there as an animal control officer, they don't believe in control.
Steve, delighted that you are being able to hold onto Pixie for a while. It is not uncommon for dogs to snap at some older folks, their movement and speech pattern can be quite different to the dogs known human " vocabulary" I would suggest you contact Cindy Sabatoni and find out how to apply for a kennel permit at the end of 30 days. She is delightful person with a great heart for keeping the animals with family if possible. She created the more aggressive return to owner policies we have here in Washoe county. The in vehicle tracking and such, also posting the door of the registered owner if there is one.
To the person worried about Mitch being a "sacrificail lamb" he is going there to get fame, that comes with a price tag. He doesn't think or act like an ACO anymore. He is NO KILL with a steady paycheck. I am very dicouraged, I cared a great deal for him; I don't even feel I know this person.
Time to be honest here.....
I did receive an anon post that is just to much. I am heartsick over Mitch's behavior and everybody on the post seems familar witht he chain of command out there, but the las post was pure venom and that will choke the blog. It is only the third I have rejected since we started and I feel bad, but it has a mocking taunting tone, and no forward moving dialogue. Sone anon's are quite good, but personal attacks that are not giving information are not the route we want to take. I hope you post again, but there must be some merit.
Post a Comment