Thursday, November 12, 2015

At The Mercy Of Drunkards And Fools

I will begin with a couple of notes for the Washoe County BCC.



"BCC November 10, 2015

 Consent item 6.C.5  : Microchipping in perpetuity.
 The free Microchip clinics at WCRAS previously were paid for with grant money ( ie: The money has been gifted , we spend it. That was a one time project. )  To transfer funds for a “feel good” project that is the responsibility of the owner, is poor resource management at best and not in keeping with the intent of the ballot inititive:  WC-3 Shall Washoe County be authorized to issue up to $10,750,000 of general obligation bonds to provide an animal shelter project and to levy an additional property tax rate for the purpose of operating and maintaining the animal shelter project and performing related animal control functions “


There is nothing in the ballot about “ outreach “ micro-chipping is not a function of animal control. The spin about what you save by playing dog taxi, is a numbers game. It’s a courtesy that, if your dog wears ID, and is not far from home, the ACO returns the dog, but many times the owner is not home and the time spent tracking down a place to return the dog is not an effective use of ACO time.   I have known an ACO to spend 2 hours on 1 call waiting for an owner to “ get someone to let them in” All so they can “ look good in the RTO numbers game”



 I have all the stats dating back to 2005, we have fewer trained officers, much longer wait times and poor customer service in the field. Much of the time when the ACO arrives the dog is gone. Since 2009 there has been a steady decline in field services as resources were diverted to the shelter portion, This is standard practice for psuedo No _Kill operations. This propposed non Animal Control diversion of funding is a good example. If they hire ACO’s they can pick up animals in a timely fashion and meet their obligation to the public, which is not happening now.  I would like to see a break down for non field service expenses vs field service.  Stop with the “nanny Washoe County drivel” and put the focus on animal control."

On this level they want to subsidize pet ownership........ share the burden of spaying, chipping and driving home strays, upon people who have chosen not to have pets. This will be funded with money taken from field services,  the very service that was intended to service the entire community, inclusive of those that choose to not have animals at large on their property. Even tho Commissioner Herman tried to bring some sanity back to the rostrum, it was not to be. Vaughn Hartung came down and asked me a couple of question in the audience, he seemed  ( briefly ) to have a moment of clarity, then he went back to the rostrum and his brain dissolved again, never to congeal back into a thinking object.  It's because they have not studied anything to do with WCRAS, they just ask Bobby, and he makes things up as he goes along, the blame is on the BCC because they are choosing to stay as ignorant as the day they were born.

This was followed by item 16 " the puppy mill bill" it's a brainstorm of Kitty Jung and I suspect Marsha Berkbigler, when she can focus long enough.  these women look weary. Quite frankly they look puffed; and like they have spent to much time staring at the bottom of the glass, wondering where life went......I am hoping the City of Sparks can get their attention by a lawsuit or withdrawal from the contract. I've no desire to stop their sick behavior, I just want to get my City away from it.

Sparks has so far shown little respect for it's citizens ( on animal issues ) , but I must say in fairness to Sparks,  I do anticipate they may get the head out of the rectum when they realize it's hitting them in the pocket. I do acknowledge it was Sparks absolute stupidity on the Feral Cat issue that gave the County permission to really throw us under the bus.
Pictured is Miss Priss shortly before her death, an unintended consequence of a crazy feeder dumping food on the ground and drawing wildlife and disease into our back yard through his " off site " littering of food and Decon.


6 comments:

Carol Ribbon said...

I watched this live, I am employed by one of the affected businesses. Is Jung high, they got rid of Office Depot so Jung's friend could have a title and go to the head of the line ? The code they allowed to go through will cost my company staff time to hold their hands put up with their harassment. I am governed by the state, the board of health, usda. Washoe county has no right to come in with additional fees and waste our time.
I'm sorry for the guy who owns the puppy store and I pray he sues their ass into the next county. it was very clear he was the targe. Bigger chains just got caught up because who ever wrote this law hasn't a clue about legality. We deal in hundreds of animals a month, we meet the state laws and our contract with our vet is binding, they better stay out of my business. In reading the ordinance they only have a hold on dogs, but why not my Chinchilla or ferret ? And that will be next. Mr.Smith and the Commission need to stop trying to hamper business. If this is what the wonderful shelter is bringing up they are not welcome to use our store to peddle their animals.

ExPetCop said...

One of the things I would like to point out is that when WCRAS started picking up strays and tracking down the owners rather than impounding the strays and taking them to the shelter they also lost the subtantial revenue they gained from impound fees. They stopped bringing the strays to the shelter in order to lower the number of animals coming into the shelter which then bolstered the NV Humane Soc's desire to lower intake to make it appear that the Winograd model of shelter operations actually worked. If they desire to have the microchipping program, the best way to acheive what they want is go back to picking up the strays and collecting the fees. Perhaps they then would be in a position to have the strays microchipped in shelter at the time of reclaim and still collect a fee to cover the expense.

Paul said...

Talk about big brother. Yo man, this is BIG BROTHER, talk from the gym is this is a gang bang all the way down. That is how my son would say it, because it does look like a bunch of thugs trying to bully, in fact they are bullies all the way to their sh*t kicking boots. I watched this Oreo, good job to all of you who pointed out how many ways they are infringing on everybody's rights. They are corrupt or delusional, either way they have stepped over the line. Is the Hashtag man trying to be sincere, because he is so full of himself and he and the guy from AC are clearly in cahoots. I can see Hashtag " working a case" with AC. Straight out of Deliverance, funny thing is they talk about being so Christian. Big church goers and put your kids in a Christian School and you are an instant Christian. It doesn't work that way. My son was at Excel with the Smith kid, not even Christian. They put anyone out of business and the county will get sued if I have to bring in some people from the Breeders to give them a hand.

Brian said...

http://washoe-nv.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=6&clip_id=1821
Don't know if links work in comments or not but go to #16 after you have watched the consent items for #6C5. You will now be paying for some dog down the street to get microchipped for it's owner who " is just on a string of bad luck" but can afford a dog, gimme a break. Here's my take on this bs. If every dog gets chipped at the Quickie Mart, then when they get picked up and not claimed; they will be chipped for the leeches in rescue to save even more by passing the buck to the county. How stupid is the Washoe commission and do we really want to find out. This is as moronic as the cat dump bill.

Pat said...

This has been a train wreck since the old team left. I hope you guys are backing up the cowgirl on the end. She seems to be the one sane voice up there. I know you don't believe in impeachment, but this group needs to be removed.

Happy Camper said...

I agree with the reader that said micro-chipping all animals at the taxpayers expense will benefit NHS.... I am coming to the conclusion that non profits really mean "nor responsible agencies