Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Welcome Back Deborah

We took a break today and went out to take some images.....Autumn is such a lovely time of year and as I walked among the blazing leaves, my eyes kept looking to the sky, now blue....... It's funny, during the smoke from the Butte fire, it seemed like it would never end, and then one day suddenly, it was clear, and back to our lovely valley.  So it is with the storms of life, things seem as though they have stopped, and may even go backward.... but life is only adjusting back to it's own rhythm.
Our Burley Dog suffered mightily with the smoke, he ( as most of you know ) has afib, and the dirty air was not good for him.  There were a couple of days that all we could do was keep him quiet,.. then a reprieve in the form of wind brought relief.  This morn he bounded in, all 200 pounds jiggle & wiggle for his walk, so off we went.  People came out and waved at us, they , good friends all, had been quietly watching and worrying along with us.  At almost 10 years, Burley Dog is very old for a Newfie. Excited by his high energy we called his groomer and were blessed to get a visit tomorrow. She is not a mobile, but does house calls for the big guy and his little sister.
I worry about the senior animals, and those with serious health problems, many of them don't get care, some are abandoned.  I see the feral cats and worry about them when they become ill, who will truly care for them ?  Our Gracie was 23 when we had to put her down, we got her at the real Nevada Humane Society, I think it was Mill street. could have been Kresge, then 3 weeks after losing her Marble 21 had to be put down.  They both had gone to the same vet all of their lives, never knew hunger or fear, slept at our feet, or on our faces :)  I can only feel deep sadness when the cat feeders say that feral cats enjoy the same life, as owned and truly loved cats, because they don't.  We didn't get more cats after them, not because we quit loving cats, but because our circumstances changed.  The cat feeders come to Oreo, I think they come to gawk, and stay to learn...... Sanity is contagious, although some of the more rabid types, or those  already toxo infected cannot see the suffering they cause.......We still welcome them, because for the most part they are not of importance.. they are only, tools and fools, of the political and financial game know as No kill and TNR. they are puppets dancing on a string, serving a naked Emperor....... The politicians are getting wise to the game, and I hope that soon the smoke will clear and the sky will be blue again....  So welcome back Deborah, I hope you learn something that will point you into a direction of peace and compassion for all animals.

2 comments:

Happy Camper said...

Wowsa, peeps... having nothing better to do on a fine Tuesday night in September; I decided to read the Petition....You know the one the NHS gal started. I read all 1, 540 comments and only 25 were from Sparks, now isn't that something ? Most were from all over the world, clearly just following an Alley Cat Allies alert, but the rest were people from Reno talking about caring for colonies in Sparks..... Gee willikers, peps, just take your cats home....Anybody ants to argue my count can feel free to count them one by one as I did and screen grab all from Sparks.... lets see if you canmake me the liar.

Happy Camper said...

A worthy read....http://hamptonroads.com/2015/09/adams-can-animal-shelters-find-common-ground