Many of Chap's readers have asked to have his blog remain open, his family was not comfortable with that. None of them are bloggers and a blog that denies comments is really a waste of every one's time. I changed his picture a bit and actually got a little closer to the complexity of the man than I did in the original. Chap was a man of deep passion, an intensity that he put to good use in his prison work. He was a kind man, but he was not one to be tampered with, I like to think he is still hangin' out watching the action; waiting to make one of his rather acerbic comments that used to drive us up the wall..It's a little hard for me to write without thinking of him, and Kev says the same thing. It's not that we didn't have free thought, we often disagreed, but the hammering out of ideas was key to all of us.
I have never had two blogs, nor had I ever tried to merge them, so this has been quite an experience for me. I hope I didn't mess up to badly. I will delete No Kill No Way now that this is done, as the family requested. Apparently his blog incorporated into this one by date, and for you Chap fans, his is easy to find because he didn't like the pictures. I did try to make a little thing called " Chap's Corner" but that didn't turn out to well, blogger wanted to do it by date so we did it by bloggers rules.
I used to say Tom was a man of the cloth in steel toed boots, and that is what it will take to wear this vicious No Kill beast to the ground.
For the love of Chap,
Forward Ho
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am including Chaps Profile and other thoughts here, in this comment section.
Welcoming All Who Seek To Save The Animals From A Life In Prison.
This blog may be controversial at times. We know that not everyone holds our view of the reality of No Kill, but people who have lived with it know the truth behind the spin.
This is not for bashing, it is for sharing information and your own experience with No Kill. Crude language is fine behind closed doors, but not on here.
There is far to much to be done, to allow emotions to run the show.
The old Chinese proverb of " He who angers you, conquers you" is our gospel. This will be a methodical path of clarifying the horrible reality of No Kill. All comments are moderated.
About Me
They Call Me Chap
Sacramento, California, United States
After retiring as a military chaplain, I began a second career with a nonprofit organization which helps to rehabilitate men who've lost their way. This often meant visits to jails and seeing this side of life I had not seen before. It was while visiting a prison using the Pup's on Parole Program that I became involved with animal welfare issues. The similarities between the human inmates in prison, and the long-term inmates at the shelter were amazing. After finishing my assignment in Carson City, Nevada my wife and my returned to Sacramento to be near our family. The shelter images have never left my mind. I made a personal commitment to do what I could to help these animals trapped in these organized hoarding situations.
Post a Comment