Hi, I have been studying TNR for 7 years now, I love cats, and live with a TNR program that has brought so much pain and misery to these wonderful animals. I certainly don't want to attack but will try to explain. Cat's do die,, everything dies, but feral cats always die an unassisted death, from trauma, disease or poison. What do TNR people thinks happens to these animals ? That they wrap themselves in a blanket and wander off into the night?
Working in a shelter will give you a better picture of the truth about TNR. Sadly when most of these cats are scooped up with the ACO's snow shovel it's not always possible to check for an ear tip, but road death is the most common. I don't try to change the mind of a person with no practical experience, that experience is the teacher about the horrible truth of TNR,... but I hope that all of you know the last few months of most of these cats lives are filled with suffering. Do you think only 'house cats" get cancer, FIV, URI, what about diabetes? I have a few more " cause of death" scenarios I could give you.. Would you TNR folk let your cat lay in in the front yard for days dying from a car hit ? I didn't think so. You only do " wild" on homeless cats. Feral cats do not have special powers, they feel pain and fear the same as the cat laying on the sofa.
They are not bouncing along singing " The Happy Wanderer" looking for their next adventure. That's Alley Cat Allies propaganda. These cats live with hunger, routinely, parsites, and often congential defects that keep them from " earning a living" They die a very slow and painful death, I want every proponent to be very aware of what you are offering these helpless cats.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment