Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas..

Last Christmas we still had our Oreo, the Girly Dog.  This year we consider ourselves fortunate to still have Burley Dog after his heart attack.   Our lives are truly blessed with our critters and our many friends.  Miss Priss looks so tiny, and yet, such a fireball........She could pull Santa's sleigh, even tho some people think " sledding" is animal cruelty :)  We took them for their walk this morning which was rather challenging with the icy walks, no gratitude from the peanut gallery. They have 4 paw drive, it was us who were " windmilling" down the street. I'm sure we made quite a procession, in our stocking hats and red scarves and the Newfies in their Christmas bibs..

It has been a splendid year, some hard losses, but many inroads were gained into animal sheltering.  I hope the dreaded No Kill philosophy suffers a quick and fairly painless euthanasia in 2013.  In it's place we shall incorporate, tolerance, and compassion.  Quality of life versus warehousing, a place where animal and caregiver both can get their needs met.  Several outlets have been shut down to the lies and cruel people who put their agenda against the welfare of millions of animals.  I don't believe Maddie's fund had any idea of the low caliber types that would come out of the wood work or they would have taken their 300 million and gone to Target :)

Oreo is somewhere I can't see or touch her, yet she remains very much here, in her rocker watching me type.  As I travel amongst animal groups I'm amazed at how many people first found hope against No Kill on Oreo's little blog......thank you..

No comments: