Sunday, July 8, 2012

To My New Readers

There are rules here at our place, I understand many of you are new here, so I offer a brief rundown.
We don't ever publish anonymous comments, no exceptions. All comments must be first person, not cross posting or hearsay.  I am getting people who want to post links or copy pastes of  things on another persons domain.  If Mr. Winograd wants to post his material on here, thus becoming responsible for what HE says I will buy the man a cup of coffee, but I will not republish his unproven statements !!.  I am not a republishing outlet. 
There have been many hateful things posted by the No Kill people and while I like to show what a horrid group of people they are, I will not sink to their level to do it. I have compiled a list of 134 people that Mr. Winograd has slandered in spirit, if not law,   I have received many saying that another blogger was this or that.  Stop the gossip, it's hurting animals and playing into the hands of the fringe group.
 If you have proof that Winograd is tossing about cease and desist orders then take it to the appropriate person.   I know that some of Mr. Winograd's victims have had to order cease and desist against him.  Please don't send me any more copies of PETA's letter to him.  We know he is foul, we know people are tired of him, and the outlets he uses, we understand that.
He seems to think I am somebody else's alter ego, and so does my wife.  I know he tries to lump identities into a smaller group to hide his failures and critics, but with all the people he has slandered his chickens will be coming home to roost. 
I posted a comment on another blogger that was being villified, I took the comment down.  I took it down because it's very presence there offered a nod to the hate mongers, they didn't deserve.  I say, show the world their ugly face and then ignore them.   I hear other people have had to fight to stop the misrepresentation of who they are, I do believe that. 
So comment away, but have it be your own experience, with a name, you can make one up.   Honesty Helps is a blogger who speaks the truth, it's normal for the No Kill people to try and stifle that.  There is a lot of money at stake, and they are hungry.  I personally am proud to call her a fellow traveler on the animal welfare road.

3 comments:

Jake said...

I'm sure it gets under their skin that the message is getting out. When the message includes the facts, and Honesty points people to the horrid reality that so many communities have faced under NK, it's much easier to try and nullify the message by demonizing the messengers. Facts can't be disputed. Our message is not only more humane for the animals, but also doesn't spew hateful rhetoric and threats against individuals and their family members, like so many of the NKers do. I suppose that's why we focus on the message and not selling ourselves like he does. We don't have anything to gain monetarily with our message. That's also why we don't feel the need to pimp out our family members on our sites to appear more human.

I did think it was funny that he posted the grey sweater pics in June with his son and wife. While he doesn't claim the pictures are of the events he mentions in the caption, it is a pretty sly way to get his followers to feel like they are part of his family. Most people I know that post a pic is of the event being discussed, but I can't imagine it's sweater and scarf weather in California during June, especially since the pics were posted on 2 different dates :)

It's the message that matters!!

Jake said...

Yes, I did see the screenshot Chap. I just shared that on my FB page. I find that virus warnings get to more people on FB than read the blogs. I saw one of their followers posted that they got a virus warning, and the page admin acknowledged that there was a problem with their page. Apparently their leadership does not have enough respect for his followers to post a warning or shut down the page. Shame on them.

They Call Me Chap said...

How sad, but true. Sooner or later they get caught in their own snare.