Stockton has solved their problem by declaring bankruptcy, The Winograd people are broke already so adding a shelter to the pot that is hurdles is not on the menu. Even the die hard Marilyn Reese has moved onto other formats to vent her spleen. I don't often call out a person by name on this blog, but Marilyn is earning her own place in hell with her online shelter attacks.
I've been snowbirding, but look forward to my summer in Reno and getting back to the business of saving Longley Ln.. The audit should be out in July at the earliest and first of August at the latest. We won't see the background information, but the report should make it very clear what has gone wrong and why.
I am deeply impressed with the new director, he has his work cut out for him with Bonney who continues to believe she can get the contract for animal services. I met Brode only briefly in the hallway and his self assurance was a pleasant experience.It's folks like him that are losing their job and shelters to this one man band.
I saw a comment recently on a newspaper story, I thought I would repeat it here, it epitomizes the frustration we all feel at the constant barrage of slurs coming from the desperate misery mongers.. If you want to read the whole thing it's the Huff Post attack on PETA by Cooper...I've never thought one way or the other about PETA, but I am sickened by the constant bashing.
Another Point Of View
I admire your dedication, they don't get it. They are not in the hands on business of dealing with animals. We need to understand their agenda.This is an attack ad against PETA, not much different than other attacks done by this very small group of animal rights people. But can you explain to me what financial aid the No Kill Advocacy Center has provided for spay/neuter ? Could you offer a location of any building they have purchased for the care of Animals ? And since it seems to be my turn to ask questions, why, pray tell? Are people who harass, sue, slander, take out billboards and newspaper ads, incite people to violence, " animal activists" and the people who oppose them are trolls? Just asking" Why is their group allowed to call HSUS, ASPCA, AHA, NACA and PETA scams and thugs, and not feel like someone should respond ? If they did contact Mr. Winograd he has no place to take your animals and no employees to care for them. The No Kill Advocacy Center is listed as a " consulting firm" not an adoption agency, there is no building, and no employees. In closing, they don't get that you pulled those animals to get them OUT of a shelter, not transfer them to another one. Keep up your humane efforts.
I think the last line says it well for all of us,
In Christ's love,
Chap
I've been snowbirding, but look forward to my summer in Reno and getting back to the business of saving Longley Ln.. The audit should be out in July at the earliest and first of August at the latest. We won't see the background information, but the report should make it very clear what has gone wrong and why.
I am deeply impressed with the new director, he has his work cut out for him with Bonney who continues to believe she can get the contract for animal services. I met Brode only briefly in the hallway and his self assurance was a pleasant experience.It's folks like him that are losing their job and shelters to this one man band.
I saw a comment recently on a newspaper story, I thought I would repeat it here, it epitomizes the frustration we all feel at the constant barrage of slurs coming from the desperate misery mongers.. If you want to read the whole thing it's the Huff Post attack on PETA by Cooper...I've never thought one way or the other about PETA, but I am sickened by the constant bashing.
Another Point Of View
I admire your dedication, they don't get it. They are not in the hands on business of dealing with animals. We need to understand their agenda.This is an attack ad against PETA, not much different than other attacks done by this very small group of animal rights people. But can you explain to me what financial aid the No Kill Advocacy Center has provided for spay/neuter ? Could you offer a location of any building they have purchased for the care of Animals ? And since it seems to be my turn to ask questions, why, pray tell? Are people who harass, sue, slander, take out billboards and newspaper ads, incite people to violence, " animal activists" and the people who oppose them are trolls? Just asking" Why is their group allowed to call HSUS, ASPCA, AHA, NACA and PETA scams and thugs, and not feel like someone should respond ? If they did contact Mr. Winograd he has no place to take your animals and no employees to care for them. The No Kill Advocacy Center is listed as a " consulting firm" not an adoption agency, there is no building, and no employees. In closing, they don't get that you pulled those animals to get them OUT of a shelter, not transfer them to another one. Keep up your humane efforts.
I think the last line says it well for all of us,
In Christ's love,
Chap

8 comments:
I believe I may have seen you at the SPCA ? Looking for a pitbull? Just kidding.I did follow the Huff and it's nuts. Shel made a couple of comments so the people who were sane would feel less alone. I am so sad about your Stockto area going bankrupt and didn't Sac close a shelter ?
I don't know if you've gone to NHS yet, but they are still giving away animals, but we're not much better. To many animals and not enough homes people!
It's not like Stockton's financial condition was a secret before the bankruptcy. It shows how clueless they are to even target that city with their antics.
Word from our recent commission meeting in Kent County, DE is that the new NK shelter that was given our dog contract is sending some of their personnel out to Best Friends, then Reno for training. Since the NK shelter hasn't even opened completely, they have to hire and train by 7/15 (yes, our commissioners are clueless). So it may be shelter 101 boot camp in your neck of the woods.
I'm all for communities exporting their product, but I would have preferred you send us some cool desert nights, or even a few predators that could help with the buildup of cats. We're kind of feeling like Michigan when Canada started exporting trash into their state:)
Enjoy your summer.
Thank you for supporting those of us doing the real work in the trenches. A shelter in our region is also under assault. http://www.altdaily.com/features/op-ed-a-vegans-rationale-for-supporting-kill-shelters-in-norfolk.html
I have talked with the little woman, she is putting your cool evening air on the Fed Ex priority list. I am very curious as to who is going to be doing the training, as you know NHS has no field services so that seems an odd choice for a training instructer. I had not heard about BF. Why would anyone go there ?
Welcome Loves Animals, so do we. I will read the link you sent after dinner. I am most interested in all shelter culture, and to witness the undermining of truly humane shelters who must euthanize, is disheartening at best.
Chap,
BF also has no field services, which is what made the statement so ridiculous. Our commissioners wanted the dollar store rates the NK was selling, and don't understand that they will get dollar store services. It will be a bumpy ride ahead of us. But then again, Reno has been taking that ride for a while.
Good luck with the audit. The more official reports that bring the truth to light, the better. The Devore grand jury report certainly provided another glimpse into the inaccurate and unfounded accusations of the NK activists. Hopefully your audit can be the icing on the cake.
Looking forward to that FedEx. While you're at it, maybe you can FedEx our NK group to China rather then sending them back here. I would even give up the cool evenings for that.
I didn't think BF had officers, but who knows what they consider an officer.I did read the latest Huffington Post blog and it's the usual wordy ( think verbose ) piece, that says little about what the author has done and a great deal about what he knows, which is little.
The attacks continue on Memphis, and Shirly has Mr. Rogers by the you know whats I think. My take on this is the politicians are being used to beat up the shelter people. I mean shelter groups know this is a a bad idea, the photo op guys just vote it in and let someone else worry about how to make it work. Which BTW can't be done. Waiting to see how long Miame stays up.
Post a Comment