Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Lord, It's Good Friday, Let Us Lift Our Voice In Praise..

This is not the place for a sermon, nor shall I turn it sideways to slip one in :)  If we can learn to show the same love and compassion for all  creatures, we will have walked a step closer to realizing our potential as loving human beings.   In the forums it's often the fetus people vs. animal people, or the senior people vs. animal rightist.  We are not limited to loving one species at a time.  We can care about both human & non human life equally and with respect.  For it is in loving another we are allowed to love ourselves, it's through seeing your goodness, that I can recognize my own. 
There are those who walk among us who have left their souls on another level, and we are not called to cherish them, but it serves us and those we try to help to understand their sickness. Sometimes there is pure evil thinly disguised as a soul sickness, but we cannot change that with compassion.  Our duty is to keep marching onward, tell the truth and helping where we can, and stopping evil in it's tracks.

2 comments:

Honesty Helps said...

You get an "AMEN" from me on that one.

Shel said...

I'm glad we don't have to turn the other cheek. There's been enougn of that in the past. Spouse and I are looking forward to Easter and glad you are open again.