Monday, May 2, 2011

Time To Take Out The Garbage..

The latest word floating around Washoe is....the bad guys appear to be movin' on.  I wish Oreo were alive to see this, but it's happening and I bet she is on the bridge cheering us on.  The contract for the intake portion expires as far as reimbursement goes at the end of 2011.  Time for NHS to pay the piper, and start taking owner surrenders. NHS has been running them off ,and slamming them with shame, but at least there was a stipend.  No Kill has never paid it's pay, they run through reserves and endowments at most local humane societies ; No KIll takes them down pretty quick , Mr. Nathan has never had to deal with reality and he doesn't seem inclined to start now.  Shelters cost money, even the most dedicated volunteers cannot be the "staff" of a shelter...we require trained employees with a work ethic.  Mr. Nathan thinks dummies in a truck should do just fine, no point in wasting money on a union employee.  Most anyone who can work a stick shift can do the job.  I am praying that the winds of change have finally arrived, Mitch would give away the store and has not a clue that as soon as he is not connected to the County, Nathan will throw him under the bus. Other than messing up the road, that's where he belongs.
Pictured is Priss in her office with her laptop..

3 comments:

kcaccsharon said...

Your county page has changed. I checked in to follow the changes in your ordinance and all the links are gone. Not even a Maddie's Fund stat remains. That's a good sign for your shelter if all the bragging is being pulled off. Claire Loeb is still a pain up here, but it's pretty much a dead horse. Kent shelter has stayed the same as far as volunteers go, our rescues are happier dealing with normal staff. The pressure to take more all the time was burning us out.
I've the one GSD marked like Oreo but with upright ears since last month, no more in shelter. We do have to many pits but that's the new norm. What's with you guys using killed in place of PTS ? My guess is, the Winograds shock tactic will fall on deaf ears. I do feel sorry for the techs though. Killed ? is that what it takes to make the little man feel big ? I loathe him and all the misery he brings.
I have some doubts about sending a Newfoundland to do a GSD"s job, but welcome to the new girl. There is no glass ceiling in blogging.

Happy Camper said...

You haven't talked Gret into taking your dog yet ? The County AC page is different I looked after your comment arrived, no clue. My guess would be they got told by commission to try to, at least, appear normal. The killed thing has been going on for a couple of months and I believe it's to make people "own" what they do. Just a guess.I feel sorry for indigent people who have to bring their older pets in and hear that word. I know with Oreo it was a bit over $200 and many people do not have the resources to pay that. It's just another way to run off the public in my view. About your ethnic comment, you German types had better get used to following my furry pantaloons. The Newf is here to kick some booty :)

spouse said...

The page was changed shortly after the BCC tabled the item. Staff at SPCA is publicly putting some room between them and the fringe element. Of course after placing poor Cooney we have our own problems with PR. I am working very hard on Cooney's Law, there is some resistance from the breeders. The PSPCA gave all of us a bad name with some of the screwy charges they have been bringing. Glad you guys made it back.