Well I have arrived ,The bridge isn't really a Rainbow by the way....I felt Mom crying last night, and put my paw on her heart as she slept. Lets see if she gets it right here:) I suggested she use the picture from last year, this is the way I want to be remembered, here in my office. Of course the picture of me taking a break under the tree is an accurate portrayal of my work day as well. I have many things to say, and now my time to say them has passed. Thats why it's always good to raise your children with a strong work ethic. there were over 150 letters to my Mom. Let me say, for starters, thank you, We are going to stay open, but with a new leader.
The name Advice from Oreo will stay the same, but I am passing the baton to Miss Priss. She is every bit as saucy as I was at her age., damn smart and very dedicated. she is however not a German Shepherd.. As I have always been a Girlydog, Miss Priss is a turbo tanker, so she may actually do quite well dealing with the bullies. Sorry Greta, you'll be the only German in town. Most readers will know Miss Priss as the young Newfie who came to live with us when she was 5 months old. She's pretty funny because she thinks she is a GSD and really is almost smart enough to pull it off. I have taught her to share her toys and her opinions with equal vigor. Always be the first to listen to the other point of view, but stick to your principals. I am leaving you in good paws. I think her first post will be an expose on the underbelly of the new greed running the show . it comes from a well intentioned endowment called Maddies Fund. the concept was great, but it has drawn the lowest form of humanity to the animal kingdom.
I hope you show kindness to Mom as she learns to interpret what Miss Priss is trying to convey, and transitions to being coached from the floor versus the chair... Although Miss Priss is actually a little smaller than I was, she is not so flexible. Newf's tend to be bulky and not curl so tightly. You should note many similarities since she learned from me, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..
We don't pop back down for visits often, there is a God and He treats us well, we are content. But, because I left so suddenly I wanted to offer some special thanks to all of the people and their critters who walked this road with me..To brave Catmom of Kent, and sweet Jen with Rio and Moon Dog and her good work on Dog Logic, To Sgt. Diehl and the ACO gang at Kent Shelter........Special blessings to Gret and, Chap of No Kill No Way...Must not forget Honesty Helps and all the workers to numerous to mention......All the good doctors and helpers who worked so hard to keep me feeling good to the best of their ability. If I could put my head on Mom's knee one more time, I would tell her to rejoice for me. " The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises I must keep; and miles to go before I sleep....."
Oreo's work will continue through this blog as Miss Priss learns the tricks of blogging. Untill Mom invites me into a dream agian, listen to Miss Priss....
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
The Kraut is not handling this in our usual manner. perhaps a German thing. Welcome to Miss Priss when she arrives. I am coming to Reno next Saturday, I will pay my respects to Oreo then. To those of you who don't know, Oreo did indeed sit in that very chair watching the monitor.
Mr. Winograd has made no specific boasts for me to verify, or debunk. His rants are vague and not giving any names. I don't believe he can linger much longer, even his lunatic followers are tiring of his diversions. I grieve Oreo and yet am most pleased the Miss Priss will go forwar She did dog Oreo's every step, poor Oreo, everytime she would try to nap Priss would waken her. I believe she sleeps soundly and am glad she could go in peace. Winograds talk of "dying on your own" is insane, dying in a public kennel surrounded by visitors and noise is not natures way.
Thank you Greta. I am still in shock, yet I should have been ready. Miss Priss spends every night at my feet and Burley Dog still goes outside to be alone. He is eating and walking, but he wants his Oreo. He has taken all his towels from the basket and built an Oreo that is right where she used to lay, and he will lay by that with his head on the pile. Absolutely heartbreaking..... Please call when you come to town and you can take the new author to the dog park.
All of us in King County are pleased to meet Priss, I think we have seen her pictures but there are to many to keep up with. I'm with you greta, losing a dog I have never met has become more hurtful than I thought it would be. I am a GSD resue and have pulled almost 100 dogs, none of them blogged. Oreo was unique. Has anybody seen expetcop lately and I notice Oreo didn't list her. I hope we didn't lose her during one of Oreo's closings. There was another topic I was hoping would come up soon, and now it's gone from my mind. Greta, i know you lost Lady sometime back I have a lovely 7 year old abandoned brood bitch. Her owner did care enough to neuter her before putting her up for free on Craigslist, she went through two homes before I was called by Kent. Loving and engaged, she is not good with small pets, very compatible with dogs her size and loves to hang out with me whereever I go. She is marked like Oreo, but her ears are more typical :) No offense if you are reading this Oreo. If youu think you would like to meet her I could come as far as Reno. Not trying to take homes from any dogs in SF I just remember how special Lady was to you when you had the other blog going. This girl was sitting behind the desk with staff when I went to pull her, very nice dog.
That was more sad than the other one Oreo. You don't to run us off do you ? Teasing really. Like others have said, I am glad Priss is picking up the slack and hope to hear from her how our local ordinance and SOP issues are going. When is Chap getting back ?
I am not good with losing Oreo, I think there will be another blog for us, but never another Oreo.
Post a Comment