Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sad News From Serenity Hill..


A gentle spirit who walked among us briefly, is gone, a loss to a member of Oreo's Hill is a loss to our whole community. In the spirit of personal privacy we need no names, or monikers, only the soft nod to the loss. May the spirit who now travels without us, travel in peace, may those left behind be comforted. As we venture forth on this path of trying to help; and be of service we will meet many like minded souls, and somehow through Oreo we become connected. Many of us have made friends for life on this journey, which started for me with the loss of our dear Hawkers Honey. I never knew going to the shelter to find a friend for Oreo would lead me through this painful passage, yet the good has overcome the pain. For our friend, there are no words, but feel the caring coming your way, and know you are not alone. To any gentle reader who may think they know the circumstances, please refrain from the use of any phrase that could identify the grieving person. We are private, but not impenetrable.
Pictured is the hill behind Oreo's house, God provided the fog, Oreo provided the rainbow.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

To our unknown member we offer condolences from our home to yours. We just lost our Lucy, and Shel told the "family" so we want to respect anyones loss on this blog. Maybe Lucy was supposed to meet someone and didn't tell us.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are there. What else needs to be said. Take care. P.

Anonymous said...

we're sad for the loss of any soul, but those of us who have walked together will feel the absence more intensely. Let the knowledge of those of us who knew you as a small part of us will miss you.

Anonymous said...

On my wasy to work and checked in on Oreo. Whether we lost a poster or a range was further out, we all band together for healing. P is right. Nothing to say but sorry.

Anonymous said...

I understand one of our local girls is not well, I hope are told if there is anything we can do to help anyone. Extremely sorry for any of our group that is going through rough times. I will make a small donation to Pet Network, and Oreo says to keep everything anonymous, right?
Can do; we don't want glory we want help for the animals.

Anonymous said...

This is very different, usually one knows the nature of the loss, but here we are all saying the same thing. A loss to any of us, is a loss to the group. That is refreshingly cellular, in the terms of all creating one. Sorry went medical on you. I noticed when we had another death on the blog donations were offered. Pixie will drop a check off to the SPCA ( eastside ) I beleive that is a nice remeberance since all here celebrate the animals. . this is a bit off topic, but has anyone seen Mr. Winograds latest rant ? Naming names and flinging accusations, I hope the person goes after him, how does he know that? sorry, really irked me

Cole David said...

I have been reading but not posting; I will be glad when the election is over and I can close the other blog. I know there is not a conflict, but in politics caution is necessary. Like my fellows, I offer condolencences and agree, we are one, united. I did want to comment on the puppy store NHS is going to open in a strip mall if I read Mark right. Will that meet the same health requirements as any other pet store ? This is not a good idea at all.

Compassion First said...

As my other half said earlier, we did have a loss of our own and the blog was the first group we told. I think because we know you really cared. The same goes to our comrade who has felt a loss. we are here, if rambling along would help you can do that here. we donate to the SPCA and the American Cancer Society. So that is our offering. Take it easy and stay with us.

Happy Camper said...

To Shel and volunteer, I am sorry about Lucy, If you want to send a picture I can post it. While a new dog right away is not everyones choice I do hope you take him dog parking for a little bit because he will be lonely. Oreo might be good for him to play with since she is older and more like your older dog? I really can't remember but I think we met at rancho. I no longer take Oreo there because the uneven ground can hurt her legs, but she does go to the little park at Washington and University Terrace on Monday mornings about 11:30. Maybe we could meet Riley and help him through the first few weeks.

HonestyHelps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have read my post about four times I don't know what I meant to say. I think I meant a poster or a relative of a poster. I was moved by the caring we feel on this blog. We could pass on the street without knowing each other, and still have this bond. I also notice I am crappy on the laptop and much better on the pc.