When is enough ? Those of you who follow Oreo know the trials and tribulations that come with being a sane person in a crazy system. The most recent attack on animal control came in the form of a public records request, we had seen it in in Seattle and knew it was going to take the southern route. As much as one hates to roll in the mud with the "troubled ones" we have decided to take the sensible approach and see if we can resolve this with a an "in kind" service. So we will be sending our own request into the county manager, we have tried so hard to stay above the fray. Somethings should not be dignified with a response, but the truth is this isn't going to go away until we fight back. We don't like fighting with little people , with little minds, but here we are.. The questions brought before commission last March remain unanswered, the cats remain at very high levels for the space the NRS calls for and the designation when the building was opened. so here we are, not gaining any ground and losing our level of comfort for the animals in the process. we need help, Oreo is swimming in way deep, and I fear she is the only one with the courage to do the deed. The people who complain and worry at the mall and the park, all worry about getting " revoked" the most common thing I hear is look what the hell happened to you....... Well guess what ? This is the modus operandi for this group, and sooner or later somebody is going to notice he isn't winning lawsuits. Oreo has her head up and her feet on firm ground....Pictured is Luna, a Sacramento beauty....

8 comments:
This makes me very happy that I backed aways from SPCA, even though they were super nice and seemed together. The newspaper column Animal File which started out as a PR move for NHS reached out to us and PetNetwork. It was all about showing solidarity against AC. I didn't like that. Of the three groups not one could handle the AC responsiblilites. When Shel and I moved here from Sac, we loved everything about this area. One of the first people we met was Oreo at the dog park.
I became a cuddler at SPCA because it was near my job, I think I will work on bring comfort to those animals at the AC side and bond with them, even if they don't get pulled, they will get petted. Sorry Oreo, we had all heard rumors, but who would think they would be so insane as to continue the harrassment.
Oh volunteer
If only you could know how deep the hatred runs through the veins of these people for anybody who gets in their way. If Mr. Winograd gets his foot in the door down here, the animals will suffer because all of us who are part of the answer will leave. All who will stay are his misguided followers. I am glad I remember WWII even as a child the yelling and the rhetoric were frightening, but I suppose not to the lunatics spewing it. It is best to stay away and fight from the sidelines, using the truth as your weapon.
On a happy note Pixie is wearing pull-up's now. Not all the time, that would not be good, but she wears them in the car so she can ride in the front seat with me. She objects to the seatbelt, but thats the rule. If she puts up a fight on the panties she goes in the crate in the rear seat. So far she is always happy to put them on for the return trip. Very smart, will never care for children or other animals, but we are working along.
How cute, Gret. I have observed from my experience with the Whino that the ones following him are those I would not chose to "run" with. The one activist in Rancho Cucamonga stood before council every time for two years until they went along with her requests for the Whino and then it was another year before anyone else stood with her for complaints. After that it was a flood. Although public records showed no complaints about the shelter, suddenly all these people are complaining. When they say the squeaky wheel gets the oil, you better believe it. For every action there needs to be a reaction. For too long we have all been reactive instead of pro active.
Oreo spent part of the day on You Tube. She said it was time for something mindless. Of course she is waiting to be notified about the rublic request, she is new to that , so it is nerve racking. Also spent a good portion of the day cruising on the NACA website. their depiction of the correlation between ease of aquistion and ease of relinquishment made sense. According to their studies impulse animals are the first to go, we knew that.The more a person has invested in an animal, time or money, the harder they will work to keep it. We really need to tighten up the rules for adoption and then serious people will take the dogs.... Oreo says....
Congratulations on your new dog Greta. It sounds like you are both lucky.
I feel that if we had been able to adopt the dog we wanted from NHS we would have been as committed to her as we are these boys. We had looked at her for a long time, made several trips to the shelter to see her at different times and conditions. Her devotion to the volunteer who was trying to find her a home was evident. She was what we were looking for, but we had built a relationship with her. You are not going to do that at Petsmart. I know this is a little off topic, but what are the Halloween plans for Oreo and friends ? we are concerned about how the boys will handle the door bell and costumes. They love children, but the costumes could be alarming and even threatening.
2Big Dogs, my dogs love Halloween but I still put them up because I worry about them scaring the kids. They sense the excitement and know it is good. By the way, I take the opportunity to promote spay/neuter at Halloween. I put flyers in each child's bag and tell them this is for their parents. On that flyer I put all the programs for spay/neuter and whatever info I can get on it. Course it doesn't hurt that I dress as a witch and tell them I will put a spell on them if they don't give it to their parents. Just kidding.
Thank you for inviting me. This is an outrage, and should come under the whistleblower law. There were never any attacks from this blog, no out of bounds remarks. Why did we get underground and the miscreants still rant publicly ? I hope the public records request from them sheds some light on what they do to innocent people. I think the public needs to know the donations they give go to harrass volunteers they don't like, how much are they spending to chase down people who dare to complain. They are crowded, and they smell bad, is it against the law to notice that ?
I have asked for a fee waiver, if it doesn't happen then we go forward anyway. There is no sense of any willingness to go forward from them, they are addicted to attacking animal control anyway they can. on his latest blog, Wino cuts into WCRAS again, just never a moment for him to stop and think about the animals, always his way. In the face of overwhelming evidence about the NO KILL plan, he fiddles, madly on.... naked.
Post a Comment