I hope on this wonderful day we can come together and find the harmony and joy we all deserve. Pictured, Burley's Dogs Mama and another sibling . Let us go forth and work to be sure that puppies are born into a home, as is always the case with these guys.And work tirelessly to provde an enivironment of learning and love as we struggle to place the existing puppies in permanent homes. I believe by spay / nueter and education & using all the tools at our command, we can place more dogs. But first we have to get honest and understand that sadly, for reasons not entirely their own, many dogs are not adoptable, and we need to triage and get the focus on the ones we can help. We have made a mess by by spreading our nets to wide and saving to many that didn't have a prayer for adjusting. I love them all, but part of that loving is knowing when a false promise is a cruel joke. I am sitting here surrounded by my 3 big guys and feeling a true gratitude to be at a stage of my life where I can help with a solution....

7 comments:
Happy Mothers Day Oreo ! Keep those other dogs in line, I bet you are going to the dog park, aren't you ?
Have a great day Oreo, and thanks from Digger and Dozer.
We thought you might take the day off Oreo, enjoyed the crate article, Is your driver taking you dog parking ?
Happy Mother's Day to you Oreo and hold those big boys to a higher standard. Make them serve you milk bones in bed. We have been out of town, so the last we heard you were not doing so well, hope the leg is fine and your column will continue. You are the voice for all dogs.
Finally, something we can all agree on.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY OREO GIRL !!
Mother's Day has been wonderful, it's nice to have friends and we didn't go "parking". Instead we drove around looking for late spring blooms and taking pictures. I would like to show you a few I took, and they will be up here on the blog over time. I rode shotgun and the Newfies took the crate in back. We had a nice day, then went to lunch ( corn dog bits at the A&W ) and quick stop at our favorite local park and home. It is a big responsibilty being Oreo.
You can just see love in that great picture. How lucky you are!!!
Post a Comment