I plan on covering a lot of issues, some serious and others downright funny. We are all stuck on this big blue ball, most of us trying to coexist, with some a little more self absorbed than I like. Not that I am against being slightly self centered; I do ride in the front seat, it's my place in this pack, but at the park I stay in tune with the needs and feelings of others. I share my toys and my human, but not my car. The other day a very attractive pitbull jumped right in the van with me , I thought that was a little pushy and hurried to get my " shotgun" seat first. Once there I stared straight ahead, trying to ignore it. Have you ever tried to ignore a strange Pitbull in your van? But it took the hint and retired to the back area, where the Newfies usually reside. My human went over to a group or women chatting away; and soon there was a "cookie waver" heading our direction. It took her quite a few treats to get him moving, finally my human gave the " Oreo to the rear" direction and I went back to lend a hand. Sometimes we have to do that to make sure the Newfies exit and stay till the leashes are sorted out. It was a good thing both dogs had some manners, and it ended well. I don't know what would have happened if the lady ran out of cookies.....Thursday, February 7, 2008
The Girlydog speaks her mind..
I plan on covering a lot of issues, some serious and others downright funny. We are all stuck on this big blue ball, most of us trying to coexist, with some a little more self absorbed than I like. Not that I am against being slightly self centered; I do ride in the front seat, it's my place in this pack, but at the park I stay in tune with the needs and feelings of others. I share my toys and my human, but not my car. The other day a very attractive pitbull jumped right in the van with me , I thought that was a little pushy and hurried to get my " shotgun" seat first. Once there I stared straight ahead, trying to ignore it. Have you ever tried to ignore a strange Pitbull in your van? But it took the hint and retired to the back area, where the Newfies usually reside. My human went over to a group or women chatting away; and soon there was a "cookie waver" heading our direction. It took her quite a few treats to get him moving, finally my human gave the " Oreo to the rear" direction and I went back to lend a hand. Sometimes we have to do that to make sure the Newfies exit and stay till the leashes are sorted out. It was a good thing both dogs had some manners, and it ended well. I don't know what would have happened if the lady ran out of cookies.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Treats are good, but training is better. It worked out, but it could have been bad if your dog was not civil. People should not let the dog off leash if they won't come when called. A dog park is not where you should train your dog, it is where you take your dog when it is trained. My dog has had a few bad experiences and I don't go to either of the bigger dog parks anymore.
Post a Comment